IGNORED

Hotels for roughly 700-1700 baht

sdm197

Hi All,

Boardmember Thaihot suggested this topic, I often look at other hotels whilst I am in Pattaya. I wonder if anyone had any photo's or brief reviews of hotels they have stayed in from around 700baht to 1700baht? I will be in Pattaya in April and will not only photograph wherever I stay (Unless already comprehensively covered) I will also go out and look and hopefully photograph some others.Also hotels do change over time, I stayed at the Pig & Whistle in 2002, I went to look at the rooms last year and they were totally different and a massive upgrade. I hear Flipper on Soi7/8 some areas have been re furbished, again I have stayed there and it was a bit tired that was in 2004.

So if any of you can suggest any hotels that you have been to recently that would be great.

The hotels I have stayed at over the years are as follows Twin Palms Resort 2nd Rd, Bay Breeze hotel Soi Honey inn, The Pig & Whistle, Flipper House/lodge Soi 7/8, The Haven Beach road, Pattaya Bay Resort, Secrets, Galaxy Suites, The Nirvana Boutique (Jomtiem), Inn Town Holiday Soi Honey Inn.

thanks in advance, for any info

SDM197.

Hi, Why not list your visited hotels in order of preference? With reasons would be even better.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

For my week in Feb a BM has recommended Nature view hotel, it's new and they have special promo prices at the moment so I'm told.

Edited by Wifi king

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

Hi, Why not list your visited hotels in order of preference? With reasons would be even better.

Ok in order best at number 1

1.Nirvana Boutique Suites Jomtiem, for the quality of the room,laptop friendly safe, free wifi, very large room, flat screen tv, no joiner fee, downsides small pool and location

2.Secrets hotel just off Walking Street Location location,location! Laptop friendly safe,of course no joiner fee, excellent restaurant both for Thai and English/Western food, free wifi, downsides sometimes hotwater in the basin was difficult to achieve as the initial torrent was hot, then you had to turn off the tap to restart to get another hot blast due to the fact of the electric water heater system, Water pressure however was no problem, noise could be an issue if you are near the stairwell (no Elevator), rooms not small, but not large either, no pool.

3.Pattaya Bay Resort great room, not sure about the safe did not have a macbook then LOL, no joiner fee, nice pool, cannot remember if wifi was in the room, downsides for me anyway the locaton, but to their credit they do offer a free tuk tuk to 2nd road.

4.Galaxy Suites Soi Diamond great price, wifi (not sure of as i did not use it),no joiner fee, pimped out rooms with pimp daddy lighting! Safe not sure if Laptop friendly as did not have one then either,location excellent and above the famous GoGo Heavens Above although in this case it's actually below LOL! downsides the rooms were very small, plus to get hot water in the wash bowl for a shave I had to fill up the waste bin with water from the shower, no pool.

5.Flipper house/lodge Location excellent but bear in mind I stayed here in 2005 before renovation of some parts, my expectation was lower too as i did not need wifi or laptop safe,no real downsides, I had a jacuzzi room high up so no real noise problems, but for some reason did not stay again, it did not rock my World!

6.Pig & Whistle Now I stayed here also in 2002, the place has been totally renovated since then I have looked at the rooms and the difference is like night and day, Location is excellent, the restaurant, well what more can you say but as agreed by many expats it is one of the best in Pattaya for Western food, also very good for Thai food. Again, not sure if they have wifi or laptop safe as i did not need them then.

7. Bay Breeze hotel Soi honey Inn- was good the first few times I stayed there but made a rapid decline, the rooms got very worn, holes in the staircarpet and a lift that kept breaking down, one day with me in it! Also became expensive for what it was compared to other accomodation.

8. Inn Town Holiday Soi Honey Inn-same street as Bay Breeze, stayed once, very large rooms but in need of modification, security was not good, although many BM's would like the fact (maybe) that they did not ask any girls for ID's. Hmmm it was during this stay that a BG that I had been with for 3 days stole my camera.

9.The Haven Beach rd, this actually is not that bad but something was wrong with the room and they could not move me, nice pool, free wifi but not in my room, rooms large but need modernisation, room rate from what I recall was cheap.

10. Twin Palms Resort (Formerly Palm lodge) I stayed here in 99, it is very basic, rough and ready, I did not really like the location, or the water pressure in the showers, i could have pi**ed harder LOL. Nice small pool, restaurant good, no joiner fee.

11 Arcadia Very poor, old tired, cannot recommend although was cheap.

what should be taken into account is when I stayed in these hotels, as many amy have been updated now, most of these places I have stayed in more than once. here is the breakdown

1999 Palm Lodge (Twin Palms Resort) once

2000 Bay Breeze twice

2002 Pig & Whistle once

2002-04 Bay Breeze 4 times

2005 Inn Town Holiday once

2006 Flipper House & Lodge once each

2007 Secrets twice

2007 Galaxy Suites once

2008 Secrets Once

2008 Pattaya Bay Resort once

2009 Secrets once

2010 Nirvana Boutique Suites Jomtiem once

2010 Arcadia

I was not interested in WiFi or laptop safe's until my internet addiction took hold in 2008! There is also a great difference in price on these as well which should be taken into account. As I have got older I am prepared to pay a little more for life luxuries!None of the hotels charged a joiner fee, I would not have stayed there if they had.

hope this helps some people,

SDM197.

Edited by sdm197

• 3 months later...

i stay in twin palms resort and arcandia mansion!!

in twin palms the location its not good but me i dont have problem!! its near near to hard rock cafe!

the arcandia its cheep room but is not very clean:( before happy new year 2011 i give 530baht but after change the price! i think now cost 680baht!!

for arcandia wifi try the user name : font and pass : font