IGNORED

Hotel advice

irlguy1

Hi all

Please could anyone that knows Pattaya lend a hand to a noob.

I am looking for somewhere preferably with a pool or with access to a pool but can skip it if the place is nice.

I would like a jacuzzi if possible but again its not imperative but would really like somewhere that I can meet a few mongers and have a laugh and

get some advice.

Noise is sometimes a problem as I am a light sleeper but because I want to be near enough to the action I will

probably have to put up with a certain level.

It has to be girl friendly of course and have a window,if it has a balcony thats a bonus.

I have a short list so if anyone can make it shorter please do.Or if you have other suggestions I would be grateful.

I have checked all the usual forums and see a lot of posts but cant make up my mind and having never been before

I have no idea the best area to stay.

I was in Patong the last two years and just want to try Pattaya after hearing all the great comments

So far from asking around and getting some great advice from board members I have the following.

The Vault

Pattaya Bay Resort

Galaxy suites

Billabong hotel

queenvic

Irish rover

Thanks for any help

I've stayed at the Billabong and PBR. I prefered The Billabong just because it is more of a laugh and has a good bar. It doesn't tick many of your boxes but I would rather stay there than most "better" hotels.

Amari Orchid towers has a great view of the beach from most rooms balcony's. Not sure what your price rang is though.

Happy to be there.

humm,

I will tell you to have a look to :

- Baywalk Residence

- LK Renaissance

- Fraser Ressort

- Tim Boutique

All are great hotels....

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

Amari Orchid towers has a great view of the beach from most rooms balcony's. Not sure what your price rang is though.

Price range would be maximum 3000thb

Tims charging 5000 a night a little too rich for me lol.

Amari a bit too dear at 4500 and charge extra for internet and breakfast but thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by okdilligaf

Try the new Hilton next to Central Festival, i have never been their myself, but their have been some very good detailed post on this hotel.

I think the they opened about 4-6 weeks ago, and the rate was around $75.00 us.

Do a search on it should give you the detailed report.

Good luck mate mark.

markinaruba

Also look at Areca Lodge and LK metropole. Both have rooms with balcony.

Areca has 2 large pools.

Both on Soi Diana and in your price range.

it depends on how long you are going to stay.

the LK hotels has a sick discount for one month stay atm.

just booked a suite at one of theier hotels for one month at 75% discount. crazy if you ask me!

har'n inte saab så har'n inte bil

Just returned from August Suites.

Would highly recommend it for the following reasons;

friendly but low hassle (not intrusive) service

spotlessly clean

girl friendly

great location (junction of Second Road and Pattaya Klang)

quiet at night

super comfy beds (had one girl leaving stuff behind as an excuse to come back to sleep the next night!)

The only downsides were a fairly limited breakfast menu (not a bother to me as I missed it most days :P ) and a 500 baht extra charge if you wanted to bring a second girl back.

You may bump into other mongers there but to be honest I did not really speak to many other guests. They were mainly couples and families.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Just returned from August suites.

Would highly recommend it for the following reasons;

friendly but low hassle (not intrusive) service

spotlessly clean

girl friendly

great location (junction of Second Road and Pattaya Klang)

quiet at night

super comfy beds (had one girl leaving stuff behind as an excuse to come back to sleep the next night!)

The only downsides were a fairly limited breakfast menu (not a bother to me as I missed it most days :P ) and a 500 baht extra charge if you wanted to bring a second girl back.

You may bump into other mongers there but to be honest I did not really speak to many other guests. They were mainly couples and families.

Yikes it all sounded so good till you mentioned couples and families lol

Yikes it all sounded so good till you mentioned couples and families lol

Haha! I know what you mean but I was by no means uncomfortable. The hotel is big enough for you not to get in other peoples way.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Haha! I know what you mean but I was by no means uncomfortable. The hotel is big enough for you not to get in other peoples way.

So I decided to go for The Vault for my first week just cant make up my mind on PBR or Areca for the second week.

decisions decisions.