IGNORED

Streaming movies with Netflix

tailwatcher

I recently purchased a "Roku" box to stream my instant to play movies on Netflix. I have a cable wired connection thru my internet provider currently. I acquired a wireless router, a Linksys wireless-G, WRT54G model to be able stream the movies to my TV. I do all my banking and bill paying now with the wired connection as I don't trust wireless to do it in the past. Since I will essentially be wired in with the router in this application and not using my computer remotely with the router, is it safe to do my business as before? Is there a way to make it more secure as with the cable connection?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Any internet banking you do will be encrypted from your PC to the bank's server. If you want to encrypt your WiFi go into your router's wireless settings and set up WPA2, you will need to use a strong password to get the best security.

Any internet banking you do will be encrypted from your PC to the bank's server. If you want to encrypt your WiFi go into your router's wireless settings and set up WPA2, you will need to use a strong password to get the best security.

[/quote

Thanks "gogo dog". I don't have the CD for the routers drivers. Can I download them from the internet? If so, where would be the best place?

Edited by tailwatcher

Thanks "gogo dog". I don't have the CD for the routers drivers. Can I download them from the internet? If so, where would be the best place?

you don't need drivers, you can interface with your router and adjust settings through your browser.

from the start menu go to "run" and type in "cmd" (minus quotes) and hit enter

once in the command-line window type in "ipconfig" and hit enter

the ip address listed for 'default gateway' is your router.

just type that address into your browser address bar and that'll bring you to the log-in window for your router.