IGNORED

Bank account

Patt's Man

Hi all,

For my next trip in Pattaya, I will bring about 3000€ and it seems safety box in hotel are not always safe, so I plan to open an account in a thai bank when I come the first day and put money there.

I would like to know if it is easy, free and quick to do ?

If anyone has some experience to share....

Thank you.

Cheers.

"It is YOUR holidays, ENJOY !"

open a thai bank acocunt is easy at kasikorn bank with your passport near the burger king on beach road.

simple comme une lettre à la poste...

If the bank isn't busy it should take no more than 10 minutes and probably less than that.

thank for your replies..

I found all I need here :

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/49732-setting-up-a-thai-bank-account/

Cheers.

open a thai bank acocunt is easy at kasikorn bank with your passport near the burger king on beach road.

simple comme une lettre à la poste...

effectivement, ça a l'air simple comme une lettre à la poste. :ThumbUp6:

Cheers.

Im thinking about opening a thai bank account too when i arrive on friday. ive never done it before but with what ive read it seems quite simple. So you just go to the bank with passport and in my case my condo number and i can put all my AUD in the one go in the bank account? and i can then withdrawl using a thai atm card? so i guess when your going home you just go back to the bank and say you want to close it and they will take the rest of your funds out in bht? or you just gop and withdrawl it all out yourself using your atm card?

cheers

Im thinking about opening a thai bank account too when i arrive on friday. ive never done it before but with what ive read it seems quite simple. So you just go to the bank with passport and in my case my condo number and i can put all my AUD in the one go in the bank account? and i can then withdrawl using a thai atm card? so i guess when your going home you just go back to the bank and say you want to close it and they will take the rest of your funds out in bht? or you just gop and withdrawl it all out yourself using your atm card?

cheers

Its a Thai account so change your money into baht first then pay it in when the account is open. At the end of your trip just leave a few hundred baht in there and then you can either wire your money over for your next trip (you get a slightly better rate) or just pay your spending money in again when you come back.

You have to leave a couple of hundred in though if you want to keep the account open as there is an annual fee for the account.

Its a Thai account so change your money into baht first then pay it in when the account is open. At the end of your trip just leave a few hundred baht in there and then you can either wire your money over for your next trip (you get a slightly better rate) or just pay your spending money in again when you come back.

You have to leave a couple of hundred in though if you want to keep the account open as there is an annual fee for the account

Thanks mate, so ill chnage the baht over at the bank at the same time there opening up my account and then they can put it straight in for me.

Thanks for your help

Depending on how much you are changing that may not be a good idea.

Last night the best rate I found for cash Euros was 39.85 on soi Buakow

This morning Kbank were offering 39.35

OK, on 100E I wouldnt lose any sleep over the difference (though it is the price of a decent Thai meal) but on a few thousand?

Hi all,

For my next trip in Pattaya, I will bring about 3000€ and it seems safety box in Hotel are not always safe, so I plan to open an account in a thai bank when I come the first day and put money there.

I would like to know if it is easy, free and quick to do ?

If anyone has some experience to share....

Thank you.

opened one last year in kasikorn bank big c branch on 2nd road just with my passport... they set you up an online account as well at the same time... had to pay a small fee for the ATM card... the ATM card is issued starightaway as well and they take you outside to set up a pin on the ATM machine... spot on service...

I opened a Thai bank account in August 2008 with the Siam Commercial Bank(SCB). It was fairly straight forward. I have just got back home after spending Christmas and New Year in Pattaya. Before I flew out I transferred my holiday into my SCB bank account and it only took 3 working days to arrive in the account. So whenever I needed some money I used my SCB ATM card to get money out of there ATM machines,

which phone number shall i give the bank when i open a new account my u.k number or thai one i always buy when i get there....hope thia aint a dumb question