IGNORED

Bangkok Airways Overload

kansuwan

If you're planning a Bangkok Airways flight from Bangkok to (eg) Phuket, Koh Samui or anywhere else in the provinces during the current peak season, get to the check-in counters early. The airline only has a limited number of check-in desks, now swamped by the influx of seasonal travellers, so the usual one-hour before take-off for check-in just ain't enough. To add Think of checking in two hours prior to departure to be safe.

(Prompted by two visitors to my manor not being able to get on their ticketed flight during the last 6 days).

• 2 weeks later...

Good advice for anyone planning to depart from BKK! My advice is also to get in the queue for passport control in good time.

Last songkran, I bid a tearful goodbye to the GF & made my way to rumour control, at 1am I might add, and was greeted by the sight of an empty room with an eagerly anticipating (+hot) immigration officer, followed by a very boring stint at gate D.

Last summer, I thought feck this & snailed my way into passport control 1 hour before boarding, only to bump into the full 10 body snake of a queue. After 45 minutes I finally got through & ran the the 10 million light years to the boarding gate, only to find that the flight had been delayed by 30 minutes.

Time is a c*nt!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif