IGNORED

what gym?

peete

what gym is currently the prefered one for people who like to use free weights?

been to california wow myself but was not that big section of free weights and a bit crowded at times.

and ive seen tonys is pretty popular. but they have a lot of places. like tonys gym and tonys powerstation and tonys fitness center.

so whats hot and whats not?

coming to town in february, and would like some inputs on the different Gyms, not just tonys.

thanks

har'n inte saab så har'n inte bil

Tonys is the way to go, i think its "gym"

ok thanks, so the one on third road then?

yup on Third road.

They have 2 Gyms on 3rd road.

I always use the one infront of Xzite disco, it has all the bodybuilding gear you need.

yup on Third road.

They have 2 gyms on 3rd road.

I always use the one infront of Xzite disco, it has all the bodybuilding gear you need.

awesome thanks. will be visiting there february then

awesome thanks. will be visiting there february then

No ploblem...

Good idea is to come in early, as it tends to fill up over the lunch and afternoon. That was my experince in the low season, so I can only imagine in the high season (going to LOS on Wednesday), however don't know about February.

Once I went there to train cheast, and the guy using the bench, said it'll probably be another hour, before he was done with it, Dough.......

thanks for the heads up.

i like hitting the gym between 1000-1200 so thats sounds good.

hope its not to crowded in feb at that time, else i have to find another place.

anyways, preciate the tips

tonys = no free water, no towels, to little air co!

I use and recommend fairtex on pattaya north rd 200 metres from the naklua round-about,

as it has a decent pool and I like to swim as cardio and warm down/stretch.

The gym is quite good but it may or may not suit you.

Check it and all of them out before signing up

Cheers

Member since Dec 06.

ye if you say its worth looking into i will defenately have a look at fairtax before choose a place.

thanks for the tip Pattaya Personal Training.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an ex Tonys gym member and I now use and recomend Golden Gym.It's half the price of Tonys,

And you get water and towel. All the equipment is well maintained and cleaned.All frree weights are re racked after use .You will find all the equipment here to exercise all the core muscle groups.Some of the equipment at Tonys is oversized so unless you're over 6'6" you'll struggle to get the full movement. The free weights at Fairtex are pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...

hello , well i am bored of tony , and ready to try golden gym but .... where is it in pattaya ?

thanks

I'm an ex Tonys gym member and I now use and recomend Golden Gym.It's half the price of Tonys,

And you get water and towel. All the equipment is well maintained and cleaned.All frree weights are re racked after use .You will find all the equipment here to exercise all the core muscle groups.Some of the equipment at Tonys is oversized so unless you're over 6'6" you'll struggle to get the full movement. The free weights at Fairtex are pretty poor.

The web site says 10000B a year. Tonys is 8000B?

If you're just visiting Pattaya for a week, month etc Golden is cheaper, for example Tonys is B220 for 1 visit,Golden is B100. OK so Tonys has more facilities but if it's just free weights you want then Golden wins it for me.

There's a Tonys on soi Buakhow charging B69, however it lacks space and equipment, No free water or towel.

Some of the prices advertised are out of date so as both Gyms are close together have a look at both and see which one suits your requirements best.

If anybody is looking for a gym to try that i dare say is never going to be busy, then try the out door one , up the hill near the big budda, its like the old outdoor weights pen at muscle beach [ not really but its outdoor """], if you have a bike its well worth a look at, just to see how the other half, who have no money train """"

• 4 weeks later...

If anybody is looking for a gym to try that i dare say is never going to be busy, then try the out door one , up the hill near the big budda, its like the old outdoor weights pen at muscle beach [ not really but its outdoor """], if you have a bike its well worth a look at, just to see how the other half, who have no money train """"

Thats interesting, do you have any pics of that mate ?

• 2 weeks later...

yup on Third road.

They have 2 gyms on 3rd road.

Standing calf machine you can load to 900 actual pounds?

Seated calf machine you can put eight 45-lb/20kg plates on?

Long-range horizontal cable row machine that goes up over 300 lbs?

Lat pull-downs that also go over 300?

:D I am interested for next time I'm in town.

Edited by dinicthus

• 3 weeks later...

Tony's is okay but expensive. 24/7, the pool, steam, and saunas are good, and tennis/badminton to take a BF if you're bored. Golden Gym is in walking distance on 3rd road, has a boxing ring upstairs, and lots of weights.