Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Psycho cleaning lady!

polan

Fuck, im staying there on my next trip in a months time

I think if any cleaning lady asks me where Im from, I will say New Zealand

lol

yeh but what if she doesnt like sheep :Evil_Laugh:

Yep. just like Indians are cheap and smell bad. :rolleyes:

i think there is a difference. Because as a culture in Australia people do not tip. To say Indians are cheap and smell bad is wrong. Have you been to India ?

i think there is a difference. Because as a culture in Australia people do not tip. To say Indians are cheap and smell bad is wrong. Have you been to India ?

Myself and my friends always tip. This includes my good smelling Indian friends.

I was just making a gross generalisation based on stereotypes to make a point.

Just like you have.

Testicles

Myself and my friends always tip. This includes my good smelling Indian friends.

I was just making a gross generalisation based on stereotypes to make a point.

Just like you have.

sorry mate you are not listening. Do you and your mates type in Australia? If the answer is Yes I am sorry.

sorry mate you are not listening. Do you and your mates type in Australia? If the answer is Yes I am sorry.

Nope. I'm not listening. I'm reading.

You said that Australians dont tip. We do. You were wrong.

Apology accepted. :GoldenSmile1:

Testicles

I had a think about the tipping question, and the answer is probably yes Aussies do tip as a rule, being as I consider myself a fairly typical Aussie. The barman at my local gets a drink from me, always tip in restaurants, always add a few bucks to a taxi-fare, and always give the pizza-delivery guy a few extra dollars too. And these guys earn around the same kind of dollars I do.

In Thailand I left a tip for the cleaning staff every day, tipped the doormen a few baht each day for opening the doors and getting the lift for me, tipped every restaurant/room-service waitress, tipped the taxi and moto-taxi drivers, bought drinks for the girls in my bar-fine's bar.

Of course everyone is different and there will be tight-arse Aussies just as there are skinflints amongst every other culture.

Anyway, all totally off-topic. Sounds in the end as if the cleaning-lady is simply a bad tempered woman who lets loose on some of the guests at her hotel. At least the OP now knows it wasn't personal, better to smile and ignore the rude creature.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Sydneysiders and Melbournites generally tip for service. The other half of the coutry doesn't. Ooops

WHAT !!!!!!!! LOL

At least we can spell here in WA LOL

WHAT !!!!!!!! LOL

At least we can spell here in WA LOL

Us UKners can't spell for tofu as well.

FYI we don't tip either; a compliment in my book, which is not expensive.

BTW don't forget to update your countdown clock to zero = PARTY!!! :Macarena:

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I always thought that we DONT tip,in Australia.

This is because people in the service industry already make a reasonable wage, (in AUSTRALIA). No need to subsidise them as it is already taken care of by government, as opposed to places like America, for example, where there is an assumption that the minimum service wage is subsidised by the paying customer to the tune of a nationally accepted percentage.

Where tipping comes in seems to be when we are overseas and pick up on the possibility that it is a local custom.

I say Possibility because, as I understand it, tipping is not traditionally part of Thai culture and it is, in fact, quite rude to expect a gratuity.

Tipping was introduced to Thailand by the Americans, well to do Thai folk will generally go as far as leaving the coins fron residual change.

In saying that, I have no problem tipping, but it should not be seen as an obligation.

Kind of like the service girl who billed me for a 90 Bt drink at a bar, when I put down a 100Bt note she did not bother to bring my change back.

I figured it was not her decision to decide to keep the change and told her so,though I probably would have left it anyway. Just a bit of an impolite presumption, I thought. Just a small thing.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

Us UKners can't spell for tofu as well.

FYI we don't tip either; a compliment in my book, which is not expensive.

BTW don't forget to update your countdown clock to zero = PARTY!!! :Macarena:

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks mate, will change it to Friday but waiting to receive my final pay out before i can book my ticket.

I was expecting it last Friday but maybe it will be Monday now. I suppose they don't have to try and keep me happy any more.

A bit frustrating when I know where I am going, I just don't know exactly when GRRRR

I always thought that we DONT tip,in Australia.

This is because people in the service industry already make a reasonable wage, (in AUSTRALIA). No need to subsidise them as it is already taken care of by government, as opposed to places like America, for example, where there is an assumption that the minimum service wage is subsidised by the paying customer to the tune of a nationally accepted percentage.

Where tipping comes in seems to be when we are overseas and pick up on the possibility that it is a local custom.

I say Possibility because, as I understand it, tipping is not traditionally part of Thai culture and it is, in fact, quite rude to expect a gratuity.

Tipping was introduced to Thailand by the Americans, well to do Thai folk will generally go as far as leaving the coins fron residual change.

In saying that, I have no problem tipping, but it should not be seen as an obligation.

Kind of like the service girl who billed me for a 90 Bt drink at a bar, when I put down a 100Bt note she did not bother to bring my change back.

I figured it was not her decision to decide to keep the change and told her so,though I probably would have left it anyway. Just a bit of an impolite presumption, I thought. Just a small thing.

Good post.

I left my lady in shower and went to the pool just as the cleaners arrived to do my room. When my lady came down to the pool she said the cleaning ladies were horrible and bad mouthed me for not tipping. i usually leave a tip when i leave the hotel on the bed for the cleaners but not these loons after this.

The cleaners are also very noisey in the corridor and my lady said she here they talk about me and other guest.

I also stayed on the third floor of evil arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Loose this witch!

I had a think about the tipping question, and the answer is probably yes Aussies do tip as a rule, being as I consider myself a fairly typical Aussie. The barman at my local gets a drink from me, always tip in restaurants, always add a few bucks to a taxi-fare, and always give the pizza-delivery guy a few extra dollars too. And these guys earn around the same kind of dollars I do.

In Thailand I left a tip for the cleaning staff every day, tipped the doormen a few baht each day for opening the doors and getting the lift for me, tipped every restaurant/room-service waitress, tipped the taxi and moto-taxi drivers, bought drinks for the girls in my bar-fine's bar.

Of course everyone is different and there will be tight-arse Aussies just as there are skinflints amongst every other culture.

Anyway, all totally off-topic. Sounds in the end as if the cleaning-lady is simply a bad tempered woman who lets loose on some of the guests at her hotel. At least the OP now knows it wasn't personal, better to smile and ignore the rude creature.

Cheers

Perthie

I really don't understand this Thai logic that you should tip for everything.

I do tip in a restaurants in Europe and when in Thai also when I have drinks and leave at least 20 THB.

But for cleaning a room this should be all in the price of a room.

I would leave a tip in a room the last day when I check out for cleaning team but not every day of my stay there.

To have a cleaning lady do this to me I'd go to a manager already the 2nd day and complain since I wouldn't feel comfortable staying in such hotel.

This is why I'm leaning to book every hotel for my next trip for max 3 nights and if all is OK, I might prolong or go to another hotel.

This also explains why some hotel are fully booked for next 30 days while some have to come up with all kinds of specials to attract guests.

But if no-one complains to manager, then they won't know why they're losing clients.

Also regarding tips in restaurants - one waitress do all the work to bring you food and drink but you pay the bill on your way out to a guy that had nothing to do with you and you leave tip to him and sometimes this guys don't even smile to you or say bye.

It's like they are looking down to you and they're the one getting a tip?!?

That's pretty scary. I would have talked to the manager right away. To hell with what she said about kidding to the TGF, whether she ting tong or not that's over the line. Talk to the manager and let us know what happened.

Yip, would love to have this thing sorted out since I'm also thinking to stay maybe in this hotel for 5+ days.

In fact, if I do book a room here, I'll specifically ask not to be in 3rd floor since if I do leave a tip - it's on my last day not every day.

Actually,thats one of my pet peeves,that is when the housemaids yak yak all morning in the corridors, while your trying to sleep in or have a shag,very off-putting.

Somebody has to let management know about this.

That's pretty scary. I would have talked to the manager right away. To hell with what she said about kidding to the TGF, whether she ting tong or not that's over the line. Talk to the manager and let us know what happened.

im actually back at home now, but i did speak to the manager. i said to her if this lady cannot clean my room as she was speaking no good to me. the next day i didnt see her on my floor, i spoke to a bloke who was staying at the hotel for 2 mths and asked where she was. apparently she was asked to start cleaning in April Suites, which is the new, less expensive, neighbour to August Suites, owned by the same family.

besides that incident, an excellent hotel in all aspects.

• 1 month later...

So hopefully she is no longer there? Getting death threats from a maid while on holiday isn't exactly my idea of fun!