IGNORED

Overstay Non ED Visa

maintre

Hi guys,

26th december was the last day to extend my Non ED visa. My girfriend and me went to her hometown for a week, this morning we have gone to Chonburi Inmigration Station and,uh... S U N D A Y, you moron. What a letdown. I have been few times so angry with myself.

So my questions:

- After I pay the overstay fee (five thousand baths?), may I have any problem with this to renew my passport for another 90 days?

- They closed due to Christmas holidays until new year?

Thanks in advance.

I thought it was 500 baht a day, not 5000...

I overstayed on my tourist visa by 2 days a few trips ago. Got a pretty stamp in my passport and paid the 1000 baht fine.

The next time I entered LOS I was detained and put on a return flight out.

Just kidding. Other than the 1000 baht there were no other ill effects. Get it taken care of ASAP and it should all be ok.

26th dDecember wasis the last day that I am able to extend my Non ED visa.

Personally, I'd hire a private fighter jet & hope you survive the barrage of air to air missiles until you enter Laos airspace.

Then apply for a tourist visa.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

On september, when I apply for my first 90 days, they add me a paper with the stamp. It talks about a punishment not exceeding 5000 baths (seems like I was talking about the worst scenario here) and additional 200 baths for each day. I guess this paper is to apply for an extension without the needed papers of your own thai school? Because the last they in the paper is 23th december. Like I said, 26th december on the stamp...

I don't really no if it's the overstay fee. If so, just WOW... But I was more worried about loosing my non Ed visa.

edit: El Cata, sunday is gone for me...

Thanks, robio!

pd: I am spanish (yeah, I should change the flag xd). My english sucks. Sorry :P

Edited by maintre

i have overstayed 3 or 4 times by 2 or 3 days and there as never been a problem. but this time i came in on a 60 day visa and will be doing a visa run tomorrow.

but have been told that i can only get 14 day which will take me up to my flight home.

but is there any way to get longer next time as i do not think i will be get that flight.

as its to cold at home :001_Thank_You5:

14 days is when you enter the country at a landborder. If you fly in you will get 30 days. (talking about tourist now, not educational)

That is how i understand, but maybe one of the experts will correct me.

I went yesterday and I did my three monthly payment (1900 baths). No need to pay an overstay fine. They just don't care that I went one day later or because they don't work on sundays. She didn't even ask me about it.

Thanks for your help