IGNORED

Cell Phone pics...care to share

Mavic

I'm stuck between buying a new smart cell phone with a cam 5 mp or higher, or just buy a simple point and shoot with 10MP or higher. I was wondering if any BM's have taken quick snap shoots with there cell phones?? After reviewing flickr photo site, for cell phone pics..i did notice a graph...that show's...Cell phone pics are more popular now, than point and shoot or DSLR picture's....hard to imagine. The pics that are shown on flickr are nice, i was wondering..what the pics in Pattaya would look like???

MavSig2.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=3&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xffffff&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT -09:00) Alaska&

&event_time=year:2011;month:4;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&event_bg_image=-&

&bg_image=-&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=Mavic's Cherry trip&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

They can be OK in daylight, but struggle at night IMO - small lens?

I did the bulk of my Vietnam TR with one HERE when my camera packed up.

If you were Advanced you could see Johnny Wilde in action HERE - cruel I know.

I suspect the phone pics are more common due to the opportunities you get when you don't have a camera, but they're a poor substitute for a small camera like the S90/95.

dont think id bother with phone cameras i have an i phone

good for pics iff you dont have a camera,no good for zoom or low light.

same time i wouldnt go for a big bulky one either,what a pain in the ass

carrying one around everywhere looking like a jap tourist,sure they take good photos

but thats the trade off,the bulk of the things.

even back in the room with the girls i dont understand dressing them up creating lighting,

sure they scrub up nice with all the touch ups.but when i look back on my photos i like to remember the girls

the way i met them :Circle_Sharks: there are some great little cameras around that fit in your pocket

high megapixel,waterproof, shockproof,hd video.panasonic lumix springs to mind.

bang a 32 gig in one of those an have a good holiday.imho :GoldenSmile1: flame away lol

Go for both. The good things about a camera phone is that you'll always have it with you. Most of the girls will let you do some sexy photos if you get them worked up enough.

have to agree. need a camera phone + a camera.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

dont think id bother with phone cameras i have an i phone

good for pics iff you dont have a camera,no good for zoom or low light.

same time i wouldnt go for a big bulky one either,what a pain in the ass

carrying one around everywhere looking like a jap tourist,sure they take good photos

but thats the trade off,the bulk of the things.

even back in the room with the girls i dont understand dressing them up creating lighting,

sure they scrub up nice with all the touch ups.but when i look back on my photos i like to remember the girls

the way i met them :Circle_Sharks: there are some great little cameras around that fit in your pocket

high megapixel,waterproof, shockproof,hd video.panasonic lumix springs to mind.

bang a 32 gig in one of those an have a good holiday.imho :GoldenSmile1: flame away lol

Got to agree. Whichever one you choose, something like the size of the Canon S90/95 (size of a packet of fags) presents many more opportunities to grab good pics and although a phone cam is better than nothing, it's a poor substitute in anything but bright daylight.

I just spent some time with Mr Dom and the quality of shots he got with his big DSLR was superb, but I don't see me wandering around WS or wherever with one of those round my neck or in a shoulder bag.

Sometimes better than nothing though, Nokia N96.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck between buying a new smart cell phone with a cam 5 mp or higher, or just buy a simple point and shoot with 10MP or higher. I was wondering if any BM's have taken quick snap shoots with there cell phones?? After reviewing flickr photo site, for cell phone pics..i did notice a graph...that show's...Cell phone pics are more popular now, than point and shoot or DSLR picture's....hard to imagine. The pics that are shown on flickr are nice, i was wondering..what the pics in Pattaya would look like???

Take a look at the Nokia N8, questionably reviewed and called the best camera in a phone today, having a Carl Zeiss lens, 12 MP pictures, Xenon flash, auto focus and face detect, lots of editing capability, and it takes movies at 720P.

At the same time, a smartphone, running Symbian 3.0 (still rather buggy, but they should have an update soon). Price when I last saw it in Bkk was about 16000. In USA, I can get it at Amazon for 459 (so read about 14,000) with a warranty. Also, it has all the frequencies for telephone, but also all the frequencies for 3G all over the world, so truly a world smartphone.

It also has a neat feature called USB on the go which allows for direct attachement of thing such as flash drive directly to the phone as a mass storage device. I wonder if you could do that is an external storage drive? Probably not a portable one, since the phone would not give off enough juice to drive the portable, but I wonder if it would handle a drive with its own power???