IGNORED

How do condoms prevent AIDS?

Tiger

First off, I am *not* trolling nor am I stating that condoms are useless and shouldn't be used. I love condoms, and would never bareback a bg.

Like everyone, the concept of condoms preventing STD's has been ingrained into my mind since 7th grade sex ed. But, there's two things that's never really made sense to my OCD mind:

1. Condoms at best only cover the head and shaft. It does not prevent fluids from seeping in from the base. Heck, through capillary action (process of "wetting"), the fluids can easily wet the whole condom within.
  2. When you take off the condom, the contaminated bottom condom portion is wiped all over your cock.

Here's some silly thought experiments to visualize the said points in a different light:

1. Take a giant condom and put it over your head. Now dive into a pool. Can you really say nothing's going to seep in?
  2. Cover your finger with a finger sized condom. Now dip the entire finger, up to the knuckle, in some gooey ink. Yank off the condom. Can you say there isn't an ink trail down your fingerL

I'll like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. This has really bothered me for quite a while.

because the small invisible breaks in the skin that allows HIV to enter the body are usually located on the tip of the penis. The condom also prevents all the males fluids/semen from contacting any part of the female.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Condoms don't prevent the transmission of HIV, they only reduce the chances of transmission, for some of the reasons you have mentioned.

No method is 100% safe!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

HIV is not like water or ink, you don`t have HIV if you get the virus onto your skin - you need to absorb it into your body.

- First the virus does not survive long in the open air.

- Second the virus needs to pentrate your skin in segnifcant numbers to infect you.

- Third diffrent bodily fluids have different virus concentrations.

Therefore you use condoms to protect the areas most vunarable (thin skinned), in close contact and that are covered in the most fluids.

Proud member of the -Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya-

WTF?????"??

I Don't understand how someone can come on this website and ask a potential question, undermining the use of condoms.

We all know that the use of condoms reduces the risk of HIV transmission, and probably just as importatly, all the other STDs we know of these days.

I know from my own experience, that every trip back to camp from Pattaya presented itself with the usual wait amd see symptomatic outcome. Initially I was a popular patient at the locum clinic (those who are Expats will know what I mean) and since adopting the rule of wearing a condom I am happy to say I have been all clear for a NUMBER of months. Still, can't put old head on young shoulders so all the best. Good luck hiding those Herpes scabs.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

@Khun John

please see the first sentence: "First off, I am *not* trolling nor am I stating that condoms are useless and shouldn't be used. I love condoms, and would never bareback a bg."

I think BigTT is just asking a question, he is wondering about.

@all

Protect the girls and yourself - If we all get sick the fun is over. Allways wear a condom.

:4:

Proud member of the -Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya-

Yeah, whatever, just use a condom ok? u know you should

After all what is the alternative?

I know where he is coming from, I also know that waiting for that HIV test result is a bit less stressfull if you have had no symptoms. Sounds like pie in the sky stuff.

What else do you suggest? We have all seen the story about the man who got cured from HIV, but have you read it correctly? You have to be one of the 1 per cent to start with so WTF? Then have to be selected for bone marrow transplant.

I really don't know what he is getting at, I have worked in PNG for 3 years and the accepted (like Africa) practice is TO USE A FUCKING CONDOM!!!!

I mean, what else is there?????Do you have another alternative? If so I would like very much to hear about it????""

In the meantime I think some responsibility is due, Farangs have the option of returning home to free HIV treatment, Thai p[eople don't.

It's all about mathematics :huh: lol,

Wearing a condom doesn't guarantee 100% protection from possible infection, but it does add as a factor that greatly reduces the probability of contracting HIV. Your own personal probability of getting something depends on a huge variety of factors eg. your sexual education, sexual practices, no of past partners etc...

It's probably possible to bang a chick with AIDS and walk away virus free, and it's also probably possible to practice safe sex and get caught out. It's just a numbers game, and the mix of all the probabilities being put into force.

No one thinks they're gonna get AIDS but if you're a dumb fuck who doesn't take responsibility for his own well being and health, well it's gonna end in tears I'm afraid.

So don't be dumb, and bag that come!!! :D

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

because the small invisible breaks in the skin that allows HIV to enter the body are usually located on the tip of the penis. The condom also prevents all the males fluids/semen from contacting any part of the female.

The head being the weakpoint makes sense. Would you have any sources to back that up?

WTF?????"??

I Don't understand how someone can come on this website and ask a potential question, undermining the use of condoms.

We all know that the use of condoms reduces the risk of HIV transmission, and probably just as importatly, all the other STDs we know of these days. (...)

Kuhn John,

As pm1942 has stated, I'm not saying condoms are useless. I'm a Physicist by study and have a tendency to analyze everything, starting from the ground up. I just don't accept common knowledge until I've convinced myself of every assumption and cleared up any logical inconsistencies.

First off, I am *not* trolling nor am I stating that condoms are useless and shouldn't be used. I love condoms, and would never bareback a bg.

Like everyone, the concept of condoms preventing STD's has been ingrained into my mind since 7th grade sex ed. But, there's two things that's never really made sense to my OCD mind:

1. Condoms at best only cover the head and shaft. It does not prevent fluids from seeping in from the base. Heck, through capillary action (process of "wetting"), the fluids can easily wet the whole condom within.
  2. When you take off the condom, the contaminated bottom condom portion is wiped all over your cock.

Here's some silly thought experiments to visualize the said points in a different light:

1. Take a giant condom and put it over your head. Now dive into a pool. Can you really say nothing's going to seep in?
  2. Cover your finger with a finger sized condom. Now dip the entire finger, up to the knuckle, in some gooey ink. Yank off the condom. Can you say there isn't an ink trail down your fingerL

I'll like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. This has really bothered me for quite a while.

You're right a condom does not prevent HIV 100% :ShitHappens1:

Instead stay home and continue wanking over your Victoria Secrets catalogue that way you'll never have to worry. :Whistle:

Condoms prevent HIV/AIDS transmission from preventing the exchange of bodily fluids.

The OP seems very analytical, so here is my suggestion:

1. Inspect the pussy, asshole and genital area. Any unusual smells, bumps, blisters, scabs, etc. don't fuck her...

2. Use a condom with plenty of (extra) lubrication.

3. Check frequently to ensure the condom hasn't broken. Change the condom every 30 minutes at a minimum.

4. Pull the condom off carefully. Don't touch the outside of the condom on the tip of your dick.

5. Throw condom away.

6. Shower (with antibacterial soap) immediately afterwards, washing your hands first, then your dick.

7. Piss while you are in shower.

8. Clean your dick again.

9. Dry off (with a towel) after shower and brush your teeth.

10. Stop worrying so much.

Female to male transmission of HIV/AIDS is actually difficult. Think of fluid transfer... If you tried to spit down a running water hose, could you? Where would the spit go? The receptive person (the one getting fucked) is at the most risk...

I would be more worried about Herpes or genital warts...

See #1. :)

If the OP really was a physicist, he should have first approximated the TG as a sphere, then tried to formulate the probability by constructing an infinite convergent power series.

The next step is easy. Just declare every term as non-physical or negligible, before disappearing into a black hole.

Job's a good 'un!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

You're right a condom does not prevent HIV 100% :ShitHappens1:

Instead stay home and continue wanking over your Victoria Secrets catalogue that way you'll never have to worry. :Whistle:

I'm having a blast getting handjobs at Soi 6 ;)

I have wondered the same thing as the OP. It doesn't mean I am skeptical of condoms effectiveness nor question that I should use them only how do they work since it doesn't provide a 100% barrier as the base of the penis is still exposed. My own research shows that as long as you don't have any breaks in the skin or open lesions than the tip of the penis is where you are much more likely to catch HIV. I think not only the skin there is thinner with the addition of the opening in the urethra but there are actually different types of cell receptors on the tip of the penis vs other parts of the genitals.

Here is an article about this.

http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/MeetingAbstracts/ma?f=102279354.html

Edited by ginseng

(...)

1. Inspect the pussy, asshole and genital area. Any unusual smells, bumps, blisters, scabs, etc. don't fuck her...

2. Use a condom with plenty of (extra) lubrication.

3. Check frequently to ensure the condom hasn't broken. Change the condom every 30 minutes at a minimum.

4. Pull the condom off carefully. Don't touch the outside of the condom on the tip of your dick.

(...)

Any tips on how to check in a smooth way? Don't want to exactly offend them ;) Also, how do you go about removing the condom? Most people just yank it off. I like to have a box of kleenex nearby to wrap the condom around with.

If the OP really was a physicist, he should have first approximated the TG as a sphere, then tried to formulate the probability by constructing an infinite convergent power series.

The next step is easy. Just declare every term as non-physical or negligible, before disappearing into a black hole.

(...)

hahaha. Hell yes! Just model the TG as a point source trapped within a condom's pontential well!

Thank you!

Any tips on how to check in a smooth way? Don't want to exactly offend them ;) Also, how do you go about removing the condom? Most people just yank it off. I like to have a box of kleenex nearby to wrap the condom around with.

1. Use a Surefire E2D Defender.

2. Tell her that "you are doctor".

3. Inspect pussy.

-----

1. Remove the condom carefully.

2. Do not touch the OUTSIDE of the condom on your urethra.

3. Wash hands in shower.

4. Wash genitals in shower.

5. Piss.

6. Wash genitals again. :D:P

If you know she has either AIDS or alzheimers but not sure which, take her 4 blocks from your room and let her find her own way back. If she turns up, don't fuck her. :GrinNod1:

1. Use a Surefire E2D Defender.

2. Tell her that "you are doctor".

3. Inspect pussy.

(...)

hahaha. I guess I can use my fenix LD40 for good use here. Practically sanitize the area with 630 lumens ;)

If you know she has either AIDS or alzheimers but not sure which, take her 4 blocks from your room and let her find her own way back. If she turns up, don't fuck her. :GrinNod1:

I have no idea what this means XD

hahaha. I guess I can use my fenix LD40 for good use here. Practically sanitize the area with 630 lumens ;)

I have no idea what this means XD

If she has Alzheimers, she wont find her way back. Ergo, she has AIDS. Don't fuck her.

I thought you said you were a scientist. :DeadHorse2: