Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ICT blocking many of my favourite sites

Hermes

I am staying in a place where most of my favourite sites besides PA.com are blocked by ICT( don't know what it stands for) and even hidemyass.com is blocked what can I do besides finding a new place...

:001_Thank_You5:

@Hermes

You find yourself blocked onbehalf of the Gouverment // Ministry of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)

Here is the story :Hello5:

Proud member of the -Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya-

I am staying in a place where most of my favourite sites besides PA.com are blocked by ICT( don't know what it stands for) and even hidemyass.com is blocked what can I do besides finding a new place...

One more thing, try tor//viadalia - it`s usually for anonimity - but it`s although a good vpn-tunnel so you will exit to the net mostlikely somewhere outside Thailand.

p.s.: It`s a bit slow , but it works and is pretty safe. :Download1:

Tor

Proud member of the -Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya-

Another useful VPN thing is expat shield. Disguises your IP address and makes it look like you're in the UK. Good for BBC Iplayer etc but slows you down massively.

Thanks for all the replies. Very appreciated. I have already used all my rep points so can't give any more today eventhough I would have liked for the help/replies.

It's funny that less than a week (different city/place) ago I had access to them all but not now. I will see how long I can hold out without the sites before taking any further action.

• 2 months later...

VPN is for sure what is needed in this case. I know this is an old thread, but if anybody has this same problem get a VPN. Its not illegal to have a VPN, its only illegal to use it to view illegal websites. ;)

Insert link in signature:

| My photo blog of Pattaya & Thailand

• 1 month later...

Google " free proxy server" and pick one, type in your url and there you go!

• 4 weeks later...

try sites like hidemyass.com and many other proxy sites available

just google hide my IP . hope that helps :Cross_Fingers:

• 1 month later...

i made one for at work i am using it now the source code is very basic though i may improve it later(i only adapted someone elses anyway!)

goto http://balder.wapcodes.mobi

put the site you want to access in the new addy bar on green page, un-check the boxes as you see fit or check them.

anyone can have the source code if they have access to a server just reg your own domain on it make sure its not blocked and there you go your own private proxy server. email me for source code [email protected]

there firewalls cannot defeat me! lol

company i work for use Websense to block access

I will make the code and more flash and cookie friendly when i get time but for now i can get what i want while working including this forum woohoo!

oh and foxyproxy with firefox is good or was good not used firefox for over a year now