Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels in Koh Chang

deanjames

Hi All

I have decided to make a 2 day trip to Koh Chang in the first week of February, I have been looking on Agoda but the prices seem very expensive.

Is this normal or I am better off waiting till after xmas. Will the prices come down?

I am looking to spend around 2k baht per night

I was in Koh Chang in june and stayed in Paddy Palms, Is an irish pub with hotel and swimming pool. Very nice rooms. Great restuarant and nice breakfast.

My link

Edited by wihste

good and guestfriendly are:

- Koh Chang Thai garden hill resort between white sand beach and klong prao = about 1200 Baht

- Chai Chet resort on Chai Chet cape = lovely swimming pool and view over klong prao beach = about 1500 Baht

Lots of info and maps you can find on www.iamkohchang.com

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 6 months later...

High season on Koh Chang runs from November to April, hotel rates are much higher than the rest of the year. For example, the rate at the Amari might vary by 2000/night, but there are accommodations in all price ranges, from 300 to several thousand.

Retired

I like the White Sands Beach Resort. It's just a bunch of shacks on the sand at the end of WSB. You either have to walk a kilometer down the beach or ride a moto over a mountain. The beach is isolated & fucking perfect, yet close enough to the WSB bars, restaurants, & whores.266.JPG

243.JPG

238.JPG

239.JPG

These are all places I have stayed at:

I second White Sand Beach Resort - if you value isolation, it straddles that sweet spot between being isolated, and yet still being close enough to walk to where there's civilization. The beach is pleasant, clean, and safe and it gets very quiet at night. No WiFi. (allegedly in the lobby area, but never worked)

Further down White Sand Beach, the first major hotel is Koh Chang Grande -- more of a high-end luxury places, at around 3,000 Baht a night or more. The rooms with sea view are *very* nice, with jacuzzi on balcony. The grounds are clean, the breakfast buffet is extensive, and the pool area is very nicely done. They have also recently done renovations and expanded some areas. WiFi throughout, but some areas do not work.

Further towards the center of WSB, is Koh Chang Lagoon - a decent hotel, with pleasant enough, albeit basic, rooms. No single large beds (their Queen Size beds are two singles, shoved together, and that never works out), basic, albeit sparse breakfast buffet. Spotty Wifi in hotel lobby, if at all. Prices range from about 1500 to 2000,

A bit further down, is my favorite beach bistro, BEACH TANGO, where you can relax, have some seriously tasty food at reasonable prices, and friendly staff. The owner and his wife are frequently there, and are enjoyable to talk to (they are Thai). The owner loves photography, so that's a good subject to strike up a conversation with.

Right behind Beach Tango are the SANG ARUN BUNGALOWS, a collection of beach bungalows, stretching from beach-front to the side of the road. I usually paid about 1000 baht for the newly constructed 'modern' bungalows (the older ones are the usual wood log cabins). Basically a room with air con, and a separate bathroom. For my needs, it really always suited my well. WiFi can be grabbed from Beach Tango's WiFi which is 24 hours, and if you eat there and make friends with the staff, they don't mind.

I also checked out Siam Beach Resort on Lonely Beach - avoid, avoid, avoid. Badly kept grounds, and open, standing sewage are not my idea of paradise and fun.

My general recommendation, unless you intend to just stay at the beach, is to rent a car (800-1000 Baht per day) and explore the southern end around Bang Bao pier.

It's a great and relaxing destination, and isn't yet fouled by too much tourism.

Edited by DaffyDuck