Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Importance of Sleep

changoo

Sleep is essential to maintaining good health, period! It allows us to "recharge" ourselves physically and mentally. During sleep, the body conserves energy by lowering temperature and metabolism (the rate at which the body burns energy), giving itself a break from daily activities.

Some researchers also believe that sleep helps reinforce memories, and that dreaming helps us sort out emotional issues (de-stressing). Lack of sleep can cause depression, lack of energy and concentration.

They just had a story on the news about beauty sleep. When you don't get enough sleep there many signs on your face alone, wrinkels, eyes, plus your over all health. So when I say that even a raving beauty like me needs my beauty rest, it's true.

• 4 months later...

I also remember reading that your body craves routine (falling asleep at the same time everyday) and the benefits of it over a varied sleep schedule due to work or partying too much.

yes drinking yourself to sleep (passout really) doesnt count.

Member since Dec 06.

I must have stumbled across the Air Traffic Controllers thread!!

Seriously, I have just woken up at a hotel that I stayed in last night here in the United States. I slept great - I took a sleeping bill that I bought in Pattaya several months ago. It was my last one. I have got to get some of these things. I've gotten them from the pharmancy located on Soi Buakhao, right next door to LK Royal Suites, near Pattaya Central Road. They are little purple pills, smaller than the pinky fingernail, and come loose in a small little zip baggy. BtW, everythime I have taken one, they work!

when in Bangkok, I asked for the purple ones, but they didn't have any.

What are these called????

TGOEA

I must have stumbled across the Air Traffic Controllers thread!!

Seriously, I have just woken up at a hotel that I stayed in last night here in the United States. I slept great - I took a sleeping bill that I bought in Pattaya several months ago. It was my last one. I have got to get some of these things. I've gotten them from the pharmancy located on Soi Buakhao, right next door to LK Royal Suites, near Pattaya Central Road. They are little purple pills, smaller than the pinky fingernail, and come loose in a small little zip baggy. BtW, everythime I have taken one, they work!

when in Bangkok, I asked for the purple ones, but they didn't have any.

What are these called????

Sounds like Xanax. It gets the job done without making you feel all fuzzy headed the next day.

OCCUPY the PRESENT

Xanax? Does it say Xanax on the pill? I don't know if I saw anything stamped on them.

I've certainly heard of this product, so it must be available here in my country, but of course, "it'll cost you!".

I'll google/wikipedia it.

TGOEA

This is from the Xanax website. Does not sound like what I took, or should be taking.

XANAX XR is a prescription medication for the treatment of patients with panic disorder, with or without agoraphobia. XANAX XR belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines, which have helped many people feel better.

Some benzodiazepines have to be taken 2 to 4 times a day. You may feel calm after you take the medicine, but then feel anxious before it’s time to take the next dose. That's because the medicine's effects can wear off between doses if not taken as directed by your doctor.

XANAX XR gives you the benefits of a benzodiazepine in a once-daily formula. Take it in the morning, and it can help you all day long. You won’t have to watch the clock or feel like you might miss a dose by mistake.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone else know for sure what these Pattaya pharmacies might be selling? I probably will just discuss this with my regular doc! He's a smart dude.

TGOEA

yes drinking yourself to sleep (passout really) doesnt count.

:001_Thank_You5: Works for me a few bacardi cokes off to bed sleep like a baby love it :GoldenSmile1:

cheers chris :Thanks3:

Wriggley Tin 1

Not the best idea to be using pills to fall asleep. Im sure it helps if you really need them every now and then, but the best way is just fall asleep naturally. If you struggle to get to sleep at night it could be any number of things;

1. Eating right - Eating healthy and limiting alcohol intake will help a lot. Passing out really isn't the same as sleeping. Your body is still working to process all the alcohol and we all know you dont wake up fully rested. Also often after a big night one requires a nap the following day which can lead to you staying up later than usual that night and throwing your sleeping pattern off.

2. Lack of daytime activity - Your body may not want to sleep because it isn't tired. Personally i know that when im going to the gym 3 times a week i sleep so much better than when im not. Even just a half hour-hour walk along beach road a few times a week will help. Sitting around relaxing all day wont.

3. Artificial light - If possible dont sit 6 inches from a computer from 9pm-11pm then try to go to sleep at 11.05pm. The light emitted from things like TV and computers messes with our bodies natural clocks which is in tune with the sun rising/falling, or tries to be. If you have to be on a computer at night make sure you have other lights on around you so its not as harsh. Also getting some sunlight when you first wake up will tell your body clock "hey, its awake time, sleep time in about 16 hours". Sit somewhere in the sun and eat breakfast, not hard to do in Pattaya. Also try and make your bedroom as dark as possible when your sleeping. If you wake up at 7-8am (after 8-9 hours sleep of course) then leaving the curtains open is fine as its great to wake up with natural sunlight but if you go to sleep at midnight/1am and wake up at 9-10am then you really dont want to be waking up to close the curtains at 730 in the morning, it disrupts your sleep which is not good.

4. Sex - Personally i sleep like a baby if ive just had some girl around, to daytime mongers, maybe shifting your afternoon short time to a just before bed short time will help.

Im sure theres other things that help/dont help sleep, but OP is right, getting enough rest is really important.