IGNORED

Sabai lodge

Jake74

Have someone stayed in Sabai Lodge?

Is it girl friendly?

Wi-Fi working well in the hotel?

Which wing you recommend, Large pool, Dolphin pool, Ruen thai pool, Sabai wing?

i stayed in Sabai Lodge and in the sister hotel Sabai Inn just accross the entrance of Sabai lodge on the otherside of the street. They are both very GF and have a good rate quality/price. perfect mongerhotels with a nice pool! Sabai inn guest can use the pools of Sabai Lodge for free and Sabai inn prices are a little cheaper as sabai Lodge. And personally i find the standard rooms better as in S.L.

http://www.sabaiinn.com/ you get 10% discount on rate +- 1000 when you stay over 7 days!

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

i stayed in Sabai Lodge and in the sister hotel Sabai Inn just accross the entrance of Sabai lodge on the otherside of the street. They are both very GF and have a good rate quality/price. perfect mongerhotels with a nice pool! Sabai inn guest can use the pools of Sabai Lodge for free and Sabai inn prices are a little cheaper as sabai Lodge. And personally i find the standard rooms better as in S.L.

http://www.sabaiinn.com/ you get 10% discount on rate +- 1000 when you stay over 7 days!

Thanks dude.

No info about the wifi, is it working well in rooms?

Thanks dude.

No info about the wifi, is it working well in rooms?

I haven't tried the Sabai Lodge, but in the Sabai Inn the wifi in the rooms is reliable and fast.

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

I stayed there last march in the ruen thai area. Really nice rooms and a semi-private pool for just the guest that stay in those ruen thai room.

Is def girl friendly. I took 2 angelwitch girls back there with no problems what so ever. They guard even gave us a lift in the golf cart but no matter how much i asked he wouldnt let me drive it.

They did however jack up the room prices this year so im off to check out chaba.

I stayed there last march in the ruen thai area. Really nice rooms and a semi-private pool for just the guest that stay in those ruen thai room.

Is def girl friendly. I took 2 angelwitch girls back there with no problems what so ever. They guard even gave us a lift in the golf cart but no matter how much i asked he wouldnt let me drive it.

They did however jack up the room prices this year so im off to check out chaba.

I emailed them. These are the prices I got for the period of 24.12.2010 - 26.12.2010. Very short visit for me :(

I booked Deluxe Ruenthai.

Sabai Lodge

- Deluxe Large Pool : 1,750.-/room/night.

- Deluxe Cottage : 2,450.-/room/night.

- Deluxe Ruenthai : 2,350.-/room/night.

- Deluxe C : 1,450.-/room/night.

*** All above room rate quote in Thai Baht nett included of tax,service charge (excluded of breakfast)

I also asked about prices for April 2011. Probably coming to patts then for 2 weeks. Here is hotels reply:

Sabai Lodge

- Deluxe Large Pool : 1,250.-/room/night.

- Deluxe Cottage : 1,750.-/room/night.

- Deluxe Ruenthai : 1,650.-/room/night.

- Deluxe C : 1,050.-/room/night.

*** All above room rate quote in Thai Baht nett included of tax,service charge (excluded of breakfast

I too stayed at the Sabai Inn last xmas & hesitate to recommend them, as I had a bad experience there. It's a shame because it ticks all the boxes; HUGE beds, free wi-fi, free pool / full size snooker tables in lobby & free use of the Sabai Lodge pools opposite.

The Sabai Lodge recently had an 800B promotion on, which I'm surprised will not be continued in April next year. Perhaps they'll re-introduce it after Songkran, in low season proper.

The Sala Thai on site restaurant has an excellent breakfast buffet, with omelettes cooked to order, but is a shade expensive at 200B. Lek Villa on the Naklua Rd, a short walk / baht bus away, also has an excellent breakfast buffet, but at 95B & the buffet is open until 1pm. I'm considering staying there next year, but they don't seem to have prices on their site.

I wouldn't worry about joiner fees, as the Sabai Group also owns Sabai Dee soapy massage & won't be concerned about a 'family friendly' reputation!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

A BM has PM'd me to elucidate my bad experience at the Sabai Inn. Rather than make up a horrendous story in order to stop him staying there, hence cunningly getting my revenge, I've decided to post my experience here. It's rather convoluted, but I'll try & keep it brief!

I stayed in a standard room over the xmas / new year period last year. The day before I checked out, I informed the receptionist that I would be checking out the next day around 8pm. She then told me that I would be refunded the previously booked following day's rent. Bonus I thought, as it just about tallied with my mini-bar bill.

Next day I checked out, taxi to Swampy, disaster, my Air China flight had been cancelled, so back in the taxi & on the phone to the Sabai Inn. 'We only have a superior room available, sir'. Fair enough, they rented out my old standard room, them's the breaks.

However, in the morning I was awoken by a call from the manager, a Mr Aan, who said that the receptionist had made a mistake by giving me a refund & I would have to pay for the old room too. I was pretty pissed off at this point & rushed downstairs to have it out with him. Only after he explained to me that if I didn't pay then the money would come out of the receptionists wages did I give in.

BTW, the 'superior' room had a sparking AC unit, a dodgy electric keycard slot & was very dirty.

So, to summarise. I paid for a standard room that I could not stay in, because they had rented it to someone else & paid for a more expensive room, which I could stay in, but was dirty & had dodgy electrics.

For this one night I paid the princely sum of 3000B!

What really annoyed me was the attitude of Mr Aan as I checked out. His gems included such utterances as 'we can win. it is high season.' & 'next time, we give you 200% service.'

Well, he won one day, but lost 60, as I was planning to stay in the hotel during Songkran & summer this year; Canterbury Tales & Dancewatchers won during those times.

Jackanory end of the story.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

I stayed in Sabai Lodge on my first trip - it was recommended by a mate. I should have known better with his seal of approval ! First of all they put me in the wrong room - it was un-renovated and had the aesthetic appeal of the Black Hole of Calcutta. I was too knackered to argue on arrival, but rectified their error the next day. However, the renovated room suffered from poor wiring, a double bed comprising 2 single matresses on a double base, and very poor finish in bathroom. I'm still undecided whether it was their club sandwich or poor pool hygiene that was responsible for the virulent gastroenteritis that blighted the last 5 days of my trip. Some great staff, but not a place I can honestly recommend.

Edited by Slacker