IGNORED

Narai Hotel BKK

christofs

The Narai hotel is located on Silom Road in BKK. It's about a 5 minutes walk to Patpong, the expensive red light district of Silom and another 3 minutes to the Sky Train station.

The rooms are nice - a bit ragged at the edges but clean.

Silom is an expensive area, but a pretty good starting point for exploring BKK. I would always go back there when I'm in BKK.

The hotel is pretty big. WiFi is available in all rooms without additional cost.

The breakfast buffet is massive and caters for all tastes. There is a bar on the ground floor which is nice for a drink before going to bed. They usually have some live music as well there.

Rooms start at about 2000 bath. The customers seem to come from all corners of the world and include tourists, business people etc. The hotel is listed as guest friendly, although I havent tried it myself.

If you're looking for a place in the Silom area, I can recomment this place.

The Narai was a top hotel 20 or so years ago, one of my favourites. Does it still have La Rotonde, the revolving SPAM WORD restaurant? It was a great place to see the whole of Bangkok. With the high rises there now, if it still turns you'll only see concrete walls. :(

Cross the street from the Narai and there's a soi with a great little Indian restaurant. I found it by accident one day and realised it was packed with Indian customers. That told me how good it was, decent prices too. Nice place to have a meal in that very expensive area.

The Narai was a top hotel 20 or so years ago, one of my favourites. Does it still have La Rotonde, the revolving SPAM WORD restaurant? It was a great place to see the whole of Bangkok. With the high rises there now, if it still turns you'll only see concrete walls. :(

Cross the street from the Narai and there's a soi with a great little Indian restaurant. I found it by accident one day and realised it was packed with Indian customers. That told me how good it was, decent prices too. Nice place to have a meal in that very expensive area.

I don't think there was a revolving restaurant - or I have missed it which is quite possible.

I found that there are quite a few nice restaurants in the sideroads of Silom road.