IGNORED

Belgian reataurants

Went twice to Patricks Belgian restaurant this week.

Location in the covered street opposite Mike shopping mall, right hand side, opposite the Beefeater.

first time went for a Flemish speciality: Gentse waterzooi, a thick chicken broth soup.

for once I was impressed, huge quantity lots of soft well cooked chicken, the soup clearly boiled on a soft fire long time to absorb the chicken taste. Had reasonable good potato "croketten" as side order, 280 baht, very decent price for such a treat.

Returned there for the Friday "mussels Belgian style" (350 baht) but was not impressed. There is not much you can do about Thai mussels is the lesson. "Belgian mussels" come from Holland Zeeland province anyway where they grow in the delta of the Maas river.

There also is "Klein Vlaanderen" on second road opposite soi 7 which makes good Flemish carbonnades and stews.

There is a full menu with starter, soup, main dish and desert, forgot exact price, 360 maybe?

I did not like the "ballekes in tomato sauce there though.

Saw a sing on second road near soi 10 for an other Belgian restaurant in an opposite soi, anyone tried that place?

I will return to Patrick's restaurant next visit to try other items on his menu.

Any other recommendations/reviews are welcome :Drink4:

• 3 months later...

At at Klein Vlaanderen as well, but only had the steak there. Moderately priced, steak was well done but atmosphere wasn't what I expected.

There are not so many Belgian restaurants around, it's a shame, but Patrick's restaurant is a place that I am happy to recommend.

Even if I don't have dinner every time there, I like to sit and enjoy a delicious cold Belgian beer, and he has different kinds of it. It's also the only place I know in Pattaya where you can eat rabbit stew (with prunes), and I like it.

The desserts are not to be missed, the chocolate mousse being the one I prefer.

This thread makes me hungry.

I am not drinking Belgian beer in Thailand, 1) It is too hot for our beer there, 2) Singha is what you should be drinking there or Tiger beer, 3) Sangsom cola hmmmmmmm.

Patricks Belgian restaurant is the place to be for Belgian food and ice cold beers! See my TR Pattaya 11/2009.

Not that i daily eat Belgin food or drink beers as i like the Thai food and beers too much but if i miss my homefood Patrick is a good and honest place to go.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!