IGNORED

Buddhist temples

I'm keen to take in some Buddhist places during my next visit (next week!). I know there are some temples nearby. Are there any other places with a Buddhist theme worth visiting

• 1 month later...

i have been there,very nice,made by a english man too,gold outline of the buddah

also the vine fields,and a big chinesse type temple,

lots of adverts for places to see ,when in patts,go on a proper trip,or book a taxi

or ride your bike ,with a bar fine,they know the way

ask the hotel staff,they know were all the thai wats/temples are

a big wooden wat near end of patts,on the beach,worth seeing

fishing is good too,lot lakes,plus the golf

keep you busy between barfines

Ayutthaya is the place to go for Buddhist Temples. Its was the Capital of Thailand (Siam) a few hundred years ago. It has some wonderful Buddhist Temples and old ruins there. Its about 90 Min's drive north of Bangkok. It is well worth going there on a day trip. I have been there a twice .Find a nice girl to take you there. I sure you can find a travel agency that can organize a tour. I was lucky both girls I went with had cars so we drove . You will have to pay for petrol and road tolls and give her money so she can make donations to the monks. Do a goggle search on Ayutthaya lots of info on it.

Buddha Mountain is worth a visit at sunset.There is a temple on South Pattaya Road also worth a visit.

• 1 month later...

yes take lots of 20 bahts, i usually spend 3-5 20 bahts per temple, love visiting the temples, ayutthaya 90 mins north of bangkok? its not 90 mins from suvarnabhumi which is not even in bangkok, well recommended though lovely old temples, can't go far wrong with bankok either many temples and add the Palace to your tour aswel

Click here to see a genuine Buddhist temple that you'd never forget.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 2 weeks later...

Went here one day. Not a lot of use this post as I am not sure what it's called or exact location. Went on back of TG bike and had eyes closed most of the time during journey. Was somewhere out near the Undersea Adventure place. Would be grateful if anyone could Identify for me. Magnificent place, though photography not allowed in many parts. Had a very moving experience here in the shrine dedicated to the sea goddess.

DSC_0217.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0219.JPG

DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

Edited by OleKingCole

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

Ayutthaya is the place to go for Buddhist Temples. Its was the Capital of Thailand (Siam) a few hundred years ago. It has some wonderful Buddhist Temples and old ruins there. Its about 90 Min's drive north of Bangkok. It is well worth going there on a day trip. I have been there a twice .Find a nice girl to take you there. I sure you can find a travel agency that can organize a tour. I was lucky both girls I went with had cars so we drove . You will have to pay for petrol and road tolls and give her money so she can make donations to the monks. Do a goggle search on Ayutthaya lots of info on it.

Buddha Mountain is worth a visit at sunset.There is a temple on South Pattaya Road also worth a visit.

Thanks for the info. I'm definately heading up to Ayuttahaya. How do I find a nice girl?

i have been there,very nice,made by a english man too,gold outline of the buddah

also the vine fields,and a big chinesse type temple,

lots of adverts for places to see ,when in patts,go on a proper trip,or book a taxi

or ride your bike ,with a bar fine,they know the way

ask the hotel staff,they know were all the thai wats/temples are

a big wooden wat near end of patts,on the beach,worth seeing

fishing is good too,lot lakes,plus the golf

keep you busy between barfines

Can you expand on location as it sounds like a great find to visit between barfines... i like a bit of golf and fishing... cheers

Can you expand on location as it sounds like a great find to visit between barfines... i like a bit of golf and fishing... cheers

Hire a taxi for the day and get them to take you, is easiest. Tour of vineyard, nice meal opposite then off to the buddha mountain. Really nice little trip out

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire

• 3 months later...

I love sukhothai and kamphaengphet for their wonderfull temples from the sukhothai period and dynasti. Also less crowded. Well wort visits if your into old temples and historic sites.

• 2 months later...

I'm keen to take in some Buddhist places during my next visit (next week!). I know there are some temples nearby. Are there any other places with a Buddhist theme worth visiting

The famous one is in Pisanulok (the buddha is called pra put ta chin na rat) . very beautiful

• 4 weeks later...

Go to visit a few Buddist temples will be on my to do list if I get some time...... Some temples look amazing from other board pictures.

Anyone know if there is a Sikh Tempel In patt's? Might have to Goggle It.

• 3 weeks later...

I can recommend The Sanctuary of Truth in Pattaya. It is a stunning temple hand made entirely of wood. It was started only about 30 years ago. I forget the actual dimensions but I think that it is over 30m high. Very impressive.

Sanctuary of Truth, Pattaya.jpg

I can recommend The Sanctuary of Truth in Pattaya. It is a stunning temple hand made entirely of wood. It was started only about 30 years ago. I forget the actual dimensions but I think that it is over 30m high. Very impressive.

Sanctuary of Truth, Pattaya.jpg

• 7 months later...

Are there temples where a thai lady can stay for a week to pray ,eat etc ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of perhaps visiting some places this time, Ayuthaya especially. Will be living close to the sanctuary of truth, so that should be a given. Quite fascination, the architecture and construction methods are not very remote from the norwegian stave churches!