IGNORED

Hotel suggestion

devil_corp

Can anyone recommend a hotel of similar quality to Fraser's Resort in the regoin of THB1500 per night for February next year? Stayed there the last time and was quite satisfied with the fittings and furnishings. Problem is they the price has increased from THB1500 to THB2000 per night for a standard room. Not quite worth the extra 500 though I humbly venture. Is Feb peak season? Cos I noticed most hotels within my price range are nowhere near my range now. I like the look of Page10 but again a bit over my budget. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Haven't satyed at Frazer so not sure what exactly your looking for but from the top of my head inthis price range: check out August Suites, April Suites (will be brand new then) and Summer Spring. Feb is end of high season, many/most places go back to normal rates by end of Jan.

I'm seeing like a 30-35% increase in prices for places like Tim's Boutique hotel and Frasers Resort. Mailed the kind people at April Suites and they cam back with THB1680 per night. Might have to cut down the number of nights there.

Haven't satyed at Frazer so not sure what exactly your looking for but from the top of my head inthis price range: check out August Suites, April Suites (will be brand new then) and Summer Spring. Feb is end of high season, many/most places go back to normal rates by end of Jan.

I'm seeing like a 30-35% increase in prices for places like Tim's Boutique Hotel and Frasers Resort. Mailed the kind people at April suites and they cam back with THB1680 per night. Might have to cut down the number of nights there.

the rates they are quoting now are not the walk in rates you would get

they are making a judgment that they will be nearly full at that time and my forecasts are they will be no where near full

if you can hold off on booking the hotel until the last minute or just head to town and you will get a walk in rate

also at the last minute www.agoda.com is great for bargains

• 2 weeks later...

Summer Springs hotel Soi 1 at 1290 baht/night. Check out website. Great value with rooftop pool and great sights of water.

Thanks for the info. Any other suggestions for rooms around the THB1500 mark?

feb is absolute peak season in most of asia, lots of mainland chinese travelling over the lunar new year holidays.

try searching the forums for the ones below, i am considering these for my trip next may.

http://www.bellavillapattaya.com/ - stayed at the prima a few years back and found it very good

http://www.villapanalee.com/

http://www.citinloftpattaya.com/