IGNORED

What is your favourite Thai Festival?

Hi all,

Festivals play such an important role in one's life, by providing such a good temporary respite from existential humdrum, that it will seem life is one big shade of gray if festivals are no onger to exist in any culture anymore Even more importantly, festivals serve to bond a community by reminding them of their common ancestral roots, which is even more important in this age of globalization where everyone is increasingly bombarded by all kinds of information and attraction from all over the world. However, celebrations of festivals also allows different cultures to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of diversity.

Will everyone like to comment on your favourite Thai festival and what you love most about it? Frankly, I know little and have attended even less of Thai festivals. For example, I have long since wanted so much to attend the legendary Loy Krathong but has always been unable to do so due to work commitments. To date, my favourite one is the Kim Jay Festival as I can really indulge in all kinds of Thai vegetarian ingenuity and without bursting my pocket too.

Hi all,

Festivals play such an important role in one's life, by providing such a good temporary respite from existential humdrum, that it will seem life is one big shade of gray if festivals are no onger to exist in any culture anymore Even more importantly, festivals serve to bond a community by reminding them of their common ancestral roots, which is even more important in this age of globalization where everyone is increasingly bombarded by all kinds of information and attraction from all over the world. However, celebrations of festivals also allows different cultures to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of diversity.

Will everyone like to comment on your favourite Thai festival and what you love most about it? Frankly, I know little and have attended even less of Thai festivals. For example, I have long since wanted so much to attend the legendary Loy Krathong but has always been unable to do so due to work commitments. To date, my favourite one is the Kim Jay Festival as I can really indulge in all kinds of Thai vegetarian ingenuity and without bursting my pocket too.

One of the most colourful is Chiang Mai "Flower Festival" in February.

Not only colourful "Flower Floats", but plenty of pretty Northern Beauties as well!:P

Here's my link:

Flower Festival

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey!