Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 days visa exemption - extension

Zieke Reiger

Hi guys,

another visa question. I will arrive in thailand on the 25th of december and leave again on the 27th of januari, originally I had planned to leave on the 25th (and thus wouldn't need an extension), but due to a flight schedule conflict with my connecting flights I don't fly back till the 27th. I will get a 30 day visa exemption stamp when arriving on the 25th, so I want to extend this by 7 days to avoid any overstay issues, I know it's only 3 or 4 days overstay, but I want to avoid the writings in my passport (had 2 days overstay once before already) and the risk of getting in to any trouble during those 3 days overstay. What is the best way to go about this? I found a form on here (http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=159648) but I'm not sure if I this is only to extend 60 day tourist visa's or can be used in my case too. I know I have to go to Jomtien soi 5, is it necessary to go in the morning (not an early riser, not in patts anyway)

Also, would it be recommended to use a visa shop close to my hotel to do the trip to jomtien for me? the form states the extensions should be applied for in person, but I've read about shops doing it for an extra 200 baht.

I'm staying in Hua Hin for a week too and apparently they have an immigration bureau too. Anybody use this? Probably better to do it in Jomtien as they are more used to foreigners extending their visas, but Hua Hin would be better for me (wake up earlier in the morning and not much else to do all day than stay at the beach...)

I've enquired about a 60 day tourist visa with two entries (I arrive in Thailand on the 6th of december, but take a 10 day trip to Myanmar between 15 and 25th of december), but the Belgian consulate don't issue these anymore. This would obviously have been the easier solution, but it's not possible apparently.

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg

Hi guys,

another visa question. I will arrive in thailand on the 25th of december and leave again on the 27th of januari, originally I had planned to leave on the 25th (and thus wouldn't need an extension), but due to a flight schedule conflict with my connecting flights I don't fly back till the 27th. I will get a 30 day visa exemption stamp when arriving on the 25th, so I want to extend this by 7 days to avoid any overstay issues, I know it's only 3 or 4 days overstay, but I want to avoid the writings in my passport (had 2 days overstay once before already) and the risk of getting in to any trouble during those 3 days overstay. What is the best way to go about this? I found a form on here (http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=159648) but I'm not sure if I this is only to extend 60 day tourist visa's or can be used in my case too. I know I have to go to Jomtien soi 5, is it necessary to go in the morning (not an early riser, not in patts anyway)

Looks like the form I filled out for 7 day extension, no harm in filling it out and taking it with you to imigration office, if it's wrong you will find out from the guy at the first desk and he will give you the correct form. I went first thing in the morning to Jomtien, waited outside for a while for official opening then went in to find the place already going strong. Only took about 30 mins but can't comment on later in the day. Outside has a cafe and a place that does photos, phtotcopies etc

Also, would it be recommended to use a visa shop close to my hotel to do the trip to jomtien for me? the form states the extensions should be applied for in person, but I've read about shops doing it for an extra 200 baht.

No idea about that but not personally keen on letting go of my passport

I'm staying in Hua Hin for a week too and apparently they have an immigration bureau too. Anybody use this? Probably better to do it in Jomtien as they are more used to foreigners extending their visas, but Hua Hin would be better for me (wake up earlier in the morning and not much else to do all day than stay at the beach...)

I've enquired about a 60 day tourist visa with two entries (I arrive in Thailand on the 6th of december, but take a 10 day trip to Myanmar between 15 and 25th of december), but the Belgian consulate don't issue these anymore. This would obviously have been the easier solution, but it's not possible apparently.

• Like 1

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=Trip%201%20status%20%3D%20Success%20%21%0DTrip%202%20status%20%3D%20Songkran%20%21&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16777215&datesColor=16777215&year=2011&month=3&day=11&hour=19&minute=30&second=10&x=-26&y=122" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

<center>If you want to get things done, you positively have to understand at any given point in time exactly what is the most important thing to get done right now, and if you're not doing it, you're not making progress at the fastest possible rate</center>

<center>TehVen - Film and TV VIP, Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, A legend in his own time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveler, Bon Vivant, All around good guy, International lover, Casual Hero, Philosopher, Wars fought, Bears wrestled, Equations solved, Virgins enlightened, Revolutions quelled, Tigers castrated, Orgies organized, Bars quaffed dry, Governments run, Test rockets flown.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life

</center>

Zieke reiger ,

isn't it possible to come in to Thailand on the normal 30 day standard visa and save

the 60 day visa for when you come back from Myanmar so you got 60 days starting from

the 25th of December ?

I think when you explain the officer on Suvernabum that you're only here for 10 days

and you wanna save the 60 day visa for another time that this is an option .

yeah jerry, that occured to me too, but it's too late now, 22nd today and leave for thailand on the 5th of december. Also, I think normally they have to stamp your visa if you enter the kingdom no matter what you say about staying only 10 days....

Trust me, it's paradise. This is where the hungry come to feed.

For mine is a generation that circles the globe and searches for something we haven't tried before.

So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome.

Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it.

reeves.jpg