IGNORED

passport for tgf

grenville

I met a TGF on my trip who is keen on coming out to Australia but doesn't have a passport Whats involved and the costs should i organize her to get it so we can pursue a visa when i get back over there cheers

the passport is only a few hundred baht 800 i think and a trip to bangkok. but the visa tends to be around 40-50k if you use a visa company.

i have heard that some people are having success applying online but it still seems that you get a better result using a professional company.

there are a few on here but one of the better ones seems to be the thai visa company but nothing is gauranteed.

hope this helps

sporran

Look in the relationships section, a few great posts there that will guide you through everything.

You need to have a three month relationship first though, before they will grant a visa, among other things

Good luck

Look in the relationships section, a few great posts there that will guide you through everything.

You need to have a three month relationship first though, before they will grant a visa, among other things

Good luck

I don't know where this idea has come from that a relationship is required to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia. It is not true. It is a tourist visa not one for a relationship. I know a BM who came to Thailand for a few weeks. He met a girl and got a visa for her to travel to Australia before he went home. She wasn't even the first TG that he had got a visa for.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't know where this idea has come from that a relationship is required to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia. It is not true. It is a tourist visa not one for a relationship. I know a BM who came to Thailand for a few weeks. He met a girl and got a visa for her to travel to Australia before he went home. She wasn't even the first TG that he had got a visa for.

Scumbag,

I'd reckon it comes from people like me, that have had the "Relationship" issue brought up at the time we are applying for Visa's, I would hazard a guess and say that the "Relationship" thing is about proving to them, that this is the true love of your life and not some girl you are importing into Australia to work in a Brothel, only a wild stab in the dark, but considering the press reports from home in recent times, about that very subject, it would have some teeth. :Question:

I have an Irish mate that was nearly arrested at the Airport in Ireland, when his wife arrived and the very direct allegation was, that he was indeed "Importing" a prostitute to work, all that came about because she had bugger all cash on her at the time.

Lets face it, the ladies in this country have a world wide, unenviable reputation, that they aren't going to shake off in a hurry.

I was hammered 3 years ago whilst applying on for a Tourist Visa, after only having had a village wedding, to prove that we were indeed married, albeit not legally, it took a wad of photos you couldn't jump over, to convince them.

In the end it wasn't about her either, they were into me about proving that I, yes me, myself and I, an Australian citizen, intended to return to Thailand with her, for Christ sake I said, I'm Australian, I don't need to return here, I can stay in Australia as long as I like, "what happens if you have a falling out with her while your a home they said" no problems I said, I stick her on the plane and send her home, but they weren't having any of that and I had to come up with some shit to convince them I was coming back with my wife, load of crap if you ask me.

If it was as easy as you are suggesting, then most of the companies offering up visa application services, wouldn't have a business.

Granted it isn't all that difficult, you just need to provide them with what they want, It's just at times they want ridiculous things.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

the passport is the easy bit, just go to the thai embassy in BKK with your documents but go early as you could be queing for a couple of hours and you should have no problem, the visa is a little more different, you still have to go to BKK and then she has to wait til they phone her and do an iterview on the phone, then wait again for her to be asked to go back to BKK wbere there will be a more formal interview, at this point honesty is a must as they know more than you think they do, but dont worry they wont refuse just because she was a BG, once you get through that it is basically down to your country to grant an entrance visa, good luck my friend, hope it all works out for you. :GoldenSmile1:

Scumbag,

I'd reckon it comes from people like me, that have had the "Relationship" issue brought up at the time we are applying for Visa's, I would hazard a guess and say that the "Relationship" thing is about proving to them, that this is the true love of your life and not some girl you are importing into Australia to work in a Brothel, only a wild stab in the dark, but considering the press reports from home in recent times, about that very subject, it would have some teeth. :Question:

I have an Irish mate that was nearly arrested at the Airport in Ireland, when his wife arrived and the very direct allegation was, that he was indeed "Importing" a prostitute to work, all that came about because she had bugger all cash on her at the time.

Lets face it, the ladies in this country have a world wide, unenviable reputation, that they aren't going to shake off in a hurry.

I was hammered 3 years ago whilst applying on for a Tourist Visa, after only having had a village wedding, to prove that we were indeed married, albeit not legally, it took a wad of photos you couldn't jump over, to convince them.

In the end it wasn't about her either, they were into me about proving that I, yes me, myself and I, an Australian citizen, intended to return to Thailand with her, for Christ sake I said, I'm Australian, I don't need to return here, I can stay in Australia as long as I like, "what happens if you have a falling out with her while your a home they said" no problems I said, I stick her on the plane and send her home, but they weren't having any of that and I had to come up with some shit to convince them I was coming back with my wife, load of crap if you ask me.

If it was as easy as you are suggesting, then most of the companies offering up visa application services, wouldn't have a business.

Granted it isn't all that difficult, you just need to provide them with what they want, It's just at times they want ridiculous things.

Bam Bam

You are correct a relationship can be an issue but I am just stating that it is not a requirement. If I had of been in your shoes I would have considered not telling them about the village marriage as obviously it caused you problems. I probably would have told them that it was an engagement... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

the passport is the easy bit, just go to the thai embassy in BKK with your documents but go early as you could be queing for a couple of hours and you should have no problem,

Apparently the process has been changed and waiting time is a lot less now.

my gos there is a hole heap of misinformation going on here ,

having done the tourist 3 mnth visa this year and almost at the end of a prospecive mariage visa i think i can shed light

there is not formal length of time that you need to have been in a relationship for the tourist visa , however all of the advice seems to say at least 3 month , i was 2 months and was successfull .

it is true that you actually dont need to be in a relationship at all for her to apply for the tourist visa , however she would need to apply on her own merits , howis she going to support herself while she is here i.e how much money in the bank ? would you put 3 - 4 grand in a tha girls bank so she can apply ?

most people go donw the sponsorhip rd becuase then its a question of can you support her , is it a genuine relationship , will she go home ..

as said the passpot is the easy bit ..also i used auslink migration becuase they were refered to me by a freind that has a thia wife , has an adopted thai boy and just retired to thailand ... they have been excellent and he travels to thailand quite often so was actually able to acompany my tgf to the processing centre and recently to the embassy .. not all thai girls are savvy when it come to going to bangkok and getting around , although some are ..

hope that helps ..

by the way .. thng to do as of right now is keep track of phne calls , emails , web chat sessions .. and any photos you have ..

I met a TGF on my trip who is keen on coming out to Australia but doesn't have a passport Whats involved and the costs should i organize her to get it so we can pursue a visa when i get back over there cheers

Sorry, back on Topic, my wife got a new passport back in September, very simple task, visit to the Visa office in Bang Na (I think) fill in the forms, sit and wait, only 10 mins for us, then inside to sit at a desk, electronically fingerprinted and photographed, again only about 10 mins, then around to the cashier, pay for the Passport, pay a little extra to have it posted back and we were out of there in less than half an hour.

Passport arrived at our home in Pattaya in a few days, can't remember exactly, but it was less than a week.

Bam Bam

PS: here's a link in English to the Bang Na office

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

Edited by Bam_Bam

however all of the advice seems to say at least 3 month , i was 2 months and was successfull .

I have heard this many times too and wonder where it comes from. It does not seem to be valid as you got a visa for a girl you only knew for two months and there are reports such as this..

ive had 2 girls come over to australia on tourist visas

both issan girls.first one i only knew for 2 weeks.

i used a bkk visa company, has office in australia as well.

cost me 7000 bht, i done it from australia

both girls never left issan,handled it though the post.

they picked up there visa on way to airport.

after hearing everyone elses dramas getting visas this place is a piece of piss.

pm me iff you want details.

you wont regret bringing one over,its nice to get looked after for a while

i usualy live alone as a single dad so its like having a 3 month holiday :GoldenSmile1:

hope it all works out for you........

This is not the first time I have heard such reports. I think they judge each application on its own merits and it is obvious that a three month relationship is not a requirement.

Sorry for straying off topic but I think it is important that people considering this option are not put off because they think a long relationship is required. Also I think the OPs question has been comprehensively answered by Bam Bam

Scumbag,

Bam Bam

Thanks this is why the forums great, first hand experiences. So the passport is only $30 bucks, and some say a visa DIY IS ONLY 7000BT I HAVE A FRIEND lawyer who works in Bangkok who will help. Any more advice appreciated

Thanks this is why the forums great, first hand experiences. So the passport is only $30 bucks, and some say a visa DIY IS ONLY 7000BT I HAVE A FRIEND lawyer who works in Bangkok who will help. Any more advice appreciated

As I was saying either in this thread or another thats running at the moment, we have a visa application in at the moment, you can check on line it's progress, sort of, and my wife just said something to me about her passport not coming back yet.

So I've just had a look and below is what it said.

ScreenShot005.jpg

I had to post some additional paperwork up to them otherwise it would have been done a couple of days quicker.

Now one of the ridiculous things they do, is they won't tell you if a Visa has been granted or not, you have to wait to get the passport back and look in it for yourself to see if she have been granted one, how hard would be to stamp the envelope the put the passport in, Granted or Denied ????

Bam Bam

PS: this is for an Aussie visa, don't know about other countries

Edited by Bam_Bam

Well, the Passport has just arrived at our place and interestingly, with her new E-Passport, the Australian Gov no longer puts a visa stamp in the passport, it is stored electronically in the passport.

Christ, I wish Cambodia would do that, I have 10 or 11 full page bloody Cambodian stickers in my passport, plus a Myanmar and Laos sticker which are also full page jobs.

:GoldenSmile1:

Bam Bam