IGNORED

Food loft

Well I decided to have lunch today at the food loft, 3rd floor central festival mall. My first impression was very similar to the food wave court at Royal Garden Plaza. That being that the place was dead. So it was very intimidating to paruse the various eateries and I felt a lot of pressure to make a purchase at any once place. So instead I took a few things from various kitchens.

The food I got though was excellent and easily the best I've had anywhere in pattaya. The view was primo and the seating very comfortable.

This place is a bit more upmarket than the food wave and any other food court in Pattaya. Hence it is a little bit more expensive and for a reasonable meal and a dessert you wont get much change out of 400B. But the quality of food and the seating / view definately makes it worth it. So if you want to take your TG somewhere nice I think this is the spot. Definately not pretentious fine dining, but neither a hard seated food court. Somewhere in the middle which makes it different.

I'll be going back for sure.

Edited by gus1

Hi gus1. Thanks for the info. I've been to the food court in the basement level & numerous restaurants on the 5th & 6th floors, but never realized there was a food loft on the 3rd floor. :unsure:

Where on the 3rd floor is it located? Do you use coupons, like the food court? I would be interested in checking it out on my next trip.

Thanks, hoss21

400 baht for an empty food court is not value for money imo. Head down to the basement, it is packed and good value for money.

Hi gus1. Thanks for the info. I've been to the food court in the basement level & numerous restaurants on the 5th & 6th floors, but never realized there was a food loft on the 3rd floor. :unsure:

Where on the 3rd floor is it located? Do you use coupons, like the food court? I would be interested in checking it out on my next trip.

Thanks, hoss21

I am with you on this one. I never saw a food court on the 3rd floor, and I have been there a number of times. I have only seen the food court in the basement and restaurants on the 5th and 6th floors.

I am with you on this one. I never saw a food court on the 3rd floor, and I have been there a number of times. I have only seen the food court in the basement and restaurants on the 5th and 6th floors.

It's there. I have been a few times. it is a good place to take a date. The view is really nice.

It's there. I have been a few times. it is a good place to take a date. The view is really nice.

I'll check it out next time I'm in town. The only thing I recall seeing on that floor is an ice cream shop - or maybe it was on another floor.

yes it is there, the food is definately much better than the basement. Much more relaxing place to sit and eat also. It was 400 for me as I ordered dessert and a drink also. It is right up the beach end on the left hand side. AS you go in the first stall is icecreams and desserts so just go in a bit further and there is more kitchens there. You just pick up a card at the front counter then pay at the end of your meal. The various places you visit will scan the card.

The Food Loft at Central is well worth eating at. I use the one in Bangkok (Central Chitlom) regularly. It's more expensive than the basement food court but far classier.

yes it is there, the food is definately much better than the basement. Much more relaxing place to sit and eat also. It was 400 for me as I ordered dessert and a drink also. It is right up the beach end on the left hand side. AS you go in the first stall is icecreams and desserts so just go in a bit further and there is more kitchens there. You just pick up a card at the front counter then pay at the end of your meal. The various places you visit will scan the card.

Gus1, thanks for the additional info. I've seen the ice cream/dessert places you described above, but never ventured further. I'll be sure to check it out on my next visit.

hoss21

• 1 month later...

Had an early dinner at the Food Loft yesterday. Went around 4 pm and it was very empty. Of course, it was early for dinner. But the service was excellent and the food was good. Had beef ramen, Thai chicken and rice, juice, and water. Bill came to 300 Baht. Excellent views. Maybe not the best value, but a positive overall experience.

It's on the beach side of the mall on the 3rd floor.

Nice view, which you can enjoy for the price of a coffee from the Starbucks in the same area.

I was there at lunchtime but only saw a couple of people eating. Sizzler downstairs was much busier.

The food in the enclosed Food Court area seemed to be over-priced to me but I am a cheapskate. About double what you might pay elsewhere for the same thing. Or 3 or 4 times what I would expect to pay in the places I normally go to! (Noodle soup @ 120B was a cheap item. I generally pay about 30B for this.) The portions may have been larger than usual though and the ingredients looked good quality.

Very international: Russian, Indian, Thai etc. etc. all available.

Samples of all the menu items were on display under plastic wrap, with name and price, so full marks for that.

Nice view, which you can enjoy for the price of a coffee from the Starbucks in the same area.

I was there at lunchtime but only saw a couple of people eating. Sizzler downstairs was much busier.

The food in the enclosed Food Court area seemed to be over-priced to me but I am a cheapskate. About double what you might pay elsewhere for the same thing. Or 3 or 4 times what I would expect to pay in the places I normally go to! (Noodle soup @ 120B was a cheap item. I generally pay about 30B for this.) The portions may have been larger than usual though and the ingredients looked good quality.

Very international: Russian, Indian, Thai etc. etc. all available.

Samples of all the menu items were on display under plastic wrap, with name and price, so full marks for that.

the first rule of food safety in SE Asia is the place should be packed. 120 baht for noodle soup by some guy standing around picking his nose is not a good idea.

I'm sure that noses (and worse) get picked in the busy places too. It's just that the high volume of trade keeps the odds down of you getting something nasty in your plate. :Evil_Grin2:

The food here did look very nice, but very expensive.

120 Baht for a noodle soup :Insanity:

I am fine on the side walk with a noodle soup for 40 of a street vendor anytime! It's the food that counts!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I also think the baesment floor is a good option :GoldenSmile1:

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

The basment food court is a good option but the quality of food doesn't compare to the loft....You wouldn't go there every day but it is worth checking out once in a while.