IGNORED

Butchers Arms-full English Breakfast Review

Mike Asia

went down to the Butchers Arms on Soi Buakhao this morning. Walk out of Soi LK and take a left on Soi Buakhao. Will reach it in a few minutes on your right. Close to Pook Swan bar for you ladyboy lovers.

Had a sign outside 'Full English' for 110 Baht. Ordered it with a bottle of water which was 30 baht, already had my coffee in my apartment.

I ordered scrambled eggs which were fine. Bacon was OK but on the small side. Toast was good as well as the baked beans. I don't usually eat baked beans for breakfast but I don't like to waste food.

I am not from England so not an expert on English breakfasts but i give the food a 7/10.

post-19770-0-14541700-1289886210.jpg

Looks small to me - is that little strip the bacon !

What are those little brown potato type looking things on the right of the picture?

And - if it doesn't come with tea or coffe then its not a F.E.B

I still crave the below breakfast when Im hungover !

bigbrekkie.jpg

No coffe/tea/juice included?

I think it looks good!

no drink included. water for 30 baht is too much as well

i hope the food is better than the crap ale they sell.went for a pint of tetley last week and it was cloudly and off.i left it never to return.

Looks small to me - is that little strip the bacon !

What are those little brown potato type looking things on the right of the picture?

And - if it doesn't come with tea or coffe then its not a F.E.B

I still crave the below breakfast when Im hungover !

Ha ha ha , nice one mate, where was that monster breakfast at???

Thanks

Dirty

Hi chaps,

I have tried Butchers Arms few yrs ago and the food was at best average, and that was being kind, as its a pretend english pub amongst the mayhem of soi buakow, so its nicely furnished inside.

But my fellow English friend described the all day breakfast as "crap for the price".

Far better options and better prices available along soi Buakow & soi LK Metro I would say.

Cheers,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

The owner and his wife (in name only) seem to have let things gradually slip, by taking a hands off approach to management, never a good thing when you employ thais. The waitresses can do what they want most of the day from chatting loudly across the bar, to turning up the music to disco levels on occassions.

Definitely fewer customers than a couple of years ago, prices for food and drink too expensive for the area in these hard times when there are so many good vale places about.

Breakfast is tasty, but the advertised 110bht is slightly misleading when it excludes tea/coffee and juice, things included in most 99bht breakfasts around about.

have to say this is the only farang run place that I have had food poisoning at.

had the chilli con carne and the beef must have had something wrong in it as I was ill for a couple of days

Been in the place once, fuckers tried to short change me by 200bht when I gave 1000 bht note to pay 240bht bin.

Zero chance of repeat custom from me even if they served up the best breakfast in Patts.

went down to the Butchers Arms on Soi Buakhao this morning. Walk out of Soi LK and take a left on Soi Buakhao. Will reach it in a few minutes on your right. Close to Pook Swan bar for you ladyboy lovers.

Had a sign outside 'Full English' for 110 Baht. Ordered it with a bottle of water which was 30 baht, already had my coffee in my apartment.

I ordered scrambled eggs which were fine. Bacon was OK but on the small side. Toast was good as well as the baked beans. I don't usually eat baked beans for breakfast but I don't like to waste food.

I am not from England so not an expert on English breakfasts but i give the food a 7/10.

post-19770-0-14541700-1289886210.jpg

Thanks for the tip.

I will take a look on my next trip.

Love a good Breakfast. :GoldenSmile1:

:001_Thank_You5:

The owner and his wife (in name only) seem to have let things gradually slip, by taking a hands off approach to management, never a good thing when you employ thais. The waitresses can do what they want most of the day from chatting loudly across the bar, to turning up the music to disco levels on occassions.

Definitely fewer customers than a couple of years ago, prices for food and drink too expensive for the area in these hard times when there are so many good vale places about.

Breakfast is tasty, but the advertised 110bht is slightly misleading when it excludes tea/coffee and juice, things included in most 99bht breakfasts around about.

The waitresses acted like they were working in a market in Issan. Talking loud about non work related stuff. I guess the boss was not around.

I have just returned from a two and a half week stay at the Butchers Arms and cannot believe some of the comments on here,the breakfast is great value and every meal i had was excellent, Baz and kob make everyone they meet welcome, the staff are also helpful i would recommend the Butchers arms to anyone who is interested in quality food not just cheap crap there rooms are also clean and cheap.

I have just returned from a two and a half week stay at the Butchers Arms and cannot believe some of the comments on here,the breakfast is great value and every meal i had was excellent, Baz and kob make everyone they meet welcome, the staff are also helpful i would recommend the Butchers arms to anyone who is interested in quality food not just cheap crap there rooms are also clean and cheap.

Do you plan on a trip report? how much was a room per night ?

Do you plan on a trip report? how much was a room per night ?

not much of a writer,but the rooms start at 650bhat to 850bhat based on room size, all rooms have Queen sized beds,all have dvd,dvd,stereo,some have 42inch plazma and some have balconies cleaned every day but they dont disturb you if you like a lay in, try the beef stew if your into homecooked food, always someone in bar for security,even at 6am, staff very friendly, ideal location would recommend to anyone.

Mike...I think you've given it a very fair review...7/10 is right on the money...there are definately better English breakfast's to be had in Pattaya but also a lot more that are far worse. Not badly priced either at THB 110. It might even be my favourite on Bukhao.

Hooray beer!

• 7 months later...

I had the breakfast their once, I did not enjoy it enough to go back and have another one.

Iv only ever been to the butchers arms once for food I'd never go bak as soon as I got back to my hotel I spewed my meal back up down the toilet never go there again