Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

S Sukhumvit Suites - Stay One Night, Get One Free

sonny

Took this from onother forum..

I was strolling along near Asoke today picking up a late lunch before heading to the Skytrain. As I ascended the steps in front of this hotel to the walkway connecting Interchange Tower and the BTS line, I noticed a sign on the door stating that if you stay one night, they will give you one night free. I didn't ask about the details. Nothing is mentioned online, so perhaps it is just a walk in thing at the moment. It could be a good deal for those interested in that standard of accommodation.

Has anyone stayed here before?

Can someone post a review?

I am thinking of staying here next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed here before?

Can someone post a review?

I am thinking of staying here next month.

Hi

I stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites earlier this year.

It started after a disastrous night at Town Lodge. I had booked a room there for week but on arrival the girl at the desk barely spoke english and had no record of my booking for more than one day. Everything was very disorganised and they finally found a room after about 45mins. The bed was very hard, room was dirty and the bathroom shower went everywhere, all afternoon/night there was a lot of noise in the corridor. I returned with a guest so didnt really get into the sleeping much but I dont think I could have slept if I tried. I felt very uncomfortable in the hotel. The next morning I immediately went on the search for a new hotel.

My walk led me to S Sukhumvit Suites. I went in and asked to see a room. A really cheerful and cute TG receptionist took me to the two different types of room. Both were very nice but I chose the larger room which was a suite for a mere $AUD 15 more. Very good value as it was the same I was paying for Town lodge room but everything was totally modern and brand new as opposed to the old musty Town Lodge.

I was worried about the construction going on at the right side of the building making noise for me in the morning but the TG said that if it was a problem they would happily change my room.

I selected one of the 2 room suites at the back of the hotel. The room had a small lounge room on entrance. Cupboards either side with a writing desk and internet plugs ready to go. There was small but comfortable sofa set that looked at a 32' LCD screen. All the decor was in dark timber and white. Very modern and nice. A sliding door then divided the bedroom and bathroom.

Bedroom - Very large and comfortable bed and another 40' lcd tv bracketed to the wall. One side a huge window except that all the view had to offer was the construction site below. Bathroom had a large bath and shower in one. Im not such a fan of showering like this but the size of the bath made up for it all.

Breakfast in the restaurant on the bottom level was also good. Nothing out of this world but everything you needed to get on the way. Front desk very helpful with maps, taxis and suggestions.

Overall a very nice room and a very modern hotel. Whenever I came back from a day out or walk was always offered a cool drink at reception. There is also a really cool staircase that goes up to the S Bar where I had a quick drink every night in front of the massive projector screen of sport.The guard at night had no issue with bringing in TG and was always very friendly.

I highly recommend it for a stay in Bangkok and it compares price wise. Its position to Soi Cowboy is perfect. TG wont complain with the "walk" to your room. Also situated minutes from the skytrain and seconds from the MTR.

Thumbs up and Ill definitely stay there again. Great great hotel

I stayed here a couple of nights earlier this year.

It is a nice place, I would stay again although I prefer that there is a pool and exercise room available which is really the only downfall for this hotel.

I think I paid around 1800 baht for their Superior room which included breakfast for 2 people. Looks like all their prices are 2000+ now. The room was spotless and modern, lcd tv as I recall. The room was a little on the small side but very functional and just loved the large shower, more than enough room for 2 people, heck maybe could shower 3 at the same time. Breakfast was decent and was never crowded at all. Many times it felt like I had the place to myself. The location was perfect for Soi Cowboy, just steps away.

If you do stay here, do yourself a favor and cross under Asoke through the MRT entrance. So much easier than trying to use the crosswalk.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stayed there when they opened and paid around 1500 - such a deal. Great location and room. No pool. One can do better at 2000B, but a twofer is a steal.

Archived