Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Overstay of 3 days

mintygaz

Hi guys,just a quick question about my 30 day tourist visa.I will be arriving in Bangkok 28 november and returning home 30th Dec which amounts to 33 days in Los.Now normally I would'nt worry about an overstay of 3 days as I can pay the overstay fee at the airport,but was just talking to a friend in Udon who informed me things have gone very strict in Thailand at the mo and I could be blacklisted on my passport if I overstay.Is there any truth to this?Would appreciate any information.

no way will you be blacklisted, however u do still have plenty of time to get the double entry tourist visa for 60 days which is free

Probably not much truth to the blacklisting,not heard anything about this lately. But you do run as risk of getting caught and spending some time in the monkey house

The proper thing to do is respect the immigration laws of Thailand and go to Jomtien and pay 1900 baht for a 7 day extension.

If you have a passport from the EU/US/Aus, etc you can get a 60 day tourist visa for Free so this would be the best way to go

Thanks for the quicks replies guys,I have an EU passport,but never knew there was a free 60 day visa,I had to pay a fee before,is this a new thing?

Hi guys,just a quick question about my 30 day tourist visa.I will be arriving in Bangkok 28 november and returning home 30th Dec which amounts to 33 days in Los.Now normally I would'nt worry about an overstay of 3 days as I can pay the overstay fee at the airport,but was just talking to a friend in Udon who informed me things have gone very strict in Thailand at the mo and I could be blacklisted on my passport if I overstay.Is there any truth to this?Would appreciate any information.

I have the same issue for my forthcoming trip, although it is only 1 day.

I emailed the local Thai embassy and they suggested to pay the fee at the airport on departure rather than getting an extended visa from them before I leave for Thailand.

Here is their reply:

"A Danish citizen can go and stay in Thailand for 30 days without a visa...if you stay 31 days you need to pay 500 baht (70 DK) upon leaving thailand or you can get a tourist visa at the Embassy or the Consulate.

Yes i think it is easier to pay at the airport...when you pass the Immigration desk on the departure lounge..the counter to pay for the overstay fee is just right behind..very convenient.

visa section

"

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Thanks for the quicks replies guys,I have an EU passport,but never knew there was a free 60 day visa,I had to pay a fee before,is this a new thing?

Been around a year or so, i can't remember exactly. you should have time to get one. Some places are charging an 'admin' fee and others are not.

I have the same issue for my forthcoming trip, although it is only 1 day.

I emailed the local Thai embassy and they suggested to pay the fee at the airport on departure rather than getting an extended visa from them before I leave for Thailand.

Here is their reply:

"A Danish citizen can go and stay in Thailand for 30 days without a visa...if you stay 31 days you need to pay 500 baht (70 DK) upon leaving thailand or you can get a tourist visa at the Embassy or the Consulate.

Yes i think it is easier to pay at the airport...when you pass the Immigration desk on the departure lounge..the counter to pay for the overstay fee is just right behind..very convenient.

visa section

"

I would not take advice from some idiot at the consulate. By the way the don't charge you if you only overstay for one day according to some recent reports..

You are breaking the law and you have to make the decision. Hope we don't see a trip report about the IDC(Immigration Detention Center) in Bangkok. :)

I would not take advice from some idiot at the consulate. By the way the don't charge you if you only overstay for one day according to some recent reports..

You are breaking the law and you have to make the decision. Hope we don't see a trip report about the IDC(Immigration Detention Center) in Bangkok. :)

Thanks - will bring a print of the email - just in case.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Thanks - will bring a print of the email - just in case.

99% chance you won't have a problem but if you do they will laugh at that email, it will not help anything.

I would go to Jomtien and extend for 7 days rather than disrespecting Thailand's immigration laws.