IGNORED

Cameron urged to cancel Christmas holiday in Thailand to avoid sending 'wrong message' on human rights abuses

Mike Asia

David Cameron was urged yesterday to cancel his planned family Christmas holiday in Thailand because he would be seen to be supporting the country's human rights abuses.

Downing Street has confirmed the Prime Minister will be spending the Christmas break in the South East Asian country and while it is a destination for tens of thousands of Britons each year Mr Cameron's decision is said to be sending 'the wrong message'.

Thailand's United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship - better known as the Red Shirts - is hoping that human rights groups in Britain will support the abuse claims it submitted last month to the International Criminal Court.

article-1328293-099AC597000005DC-350_468x286.jpg

The protest group said that during violent clashes with government troops earlier this year at least 90 demonstrations were killed and more than 100 injured after the government ordered the soldiers to end the protests one way or another.

'Anyone who shows support for this current government is showing support for the way they brutalised the protesters,' said a spokesman for the United Front.

'David Cameron should not come here because as a government leader he will be showing the world that he agrees with what the Thai government did.'

Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn has already said that Mr Cameron should 'think very carefully about the message he is sending,' before he sets off with his family to a country that has seen protesters killed and badly injured in clashes with troops.

Mr Cameron and Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva are both Old Etonians and it was thought at first that the British leader had chosen Thailand because of their schoolhood association.

Downing Street has dismissed the speculation, but the denial has failed to dampen criticism of Mr Cameron who has decided on Thailand for a holiday at a time when the country's leader is being accused of being behind the violent crackdown.

The Red Shirts complaint to the International Criminal Court alleges human rights abuses by Mr Vejjajiva's government, including severe media restrictions, including closing down offending websites and causing 'illegal deaths' of protesters.

The Thai Prime Minister is being accused of ordering the military operation and being responsible, along with 14 other senior figures, for targeted assassinations, torture, illegal detention and inhumane acts by military forces.

Weeks of turmoil which saw Red Shirts protesting against Mr Vejjajiva's government taking over the streets of Bangkok resulted in the army being moved in to set up a 'live fire zone'.

In its report the United Front has documented the execution of a number of people by army snipers.

The International Criminal Court had eight weeks to examine the petition before deciding whether or not to bring charges - which is around the time that Mr Cameron would be starting his holiday in the sun.

There has been speculation in Thai newspapers that the British leader would be staying at one of two resorts in Phuket, whose luxury rooms cost at least £1,000 a night.

article-1328293-05AA86ED000005DC-728_468x286.jpg

What a bloke!! I had arranged a Soi 6 crawl with him!!! Ah well, thats politics for ya...(Wonder if Anne Widdecombe is free....)

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Cameron doesn't give a shit about human rights.. shady backhanded deals come first.. hence the tories sucking up to the Chinese.

I'd BF his Missus!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I'd BF his Missus!

It surely will be the land of smiles this christmas!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

It say's something about the (free?) press in the UK when nothing is said about Cameron like it was screamed at Tony Blair for not supporting the UK holliday industry when he sunned himself in Italy every year.

Mind you-if Cheeri Blair ever came to Bangkok, I'm sure she'd be mistaken for an overflow of sewage from down Klong Toey way.

It say's something about the (free?) press in the UK when nothing is said about Cameron like it was screamed at Tony Blair for not supporting the UK holiday industry when he sunned himself in Italy every year.

Mind you-if Cheeri Blair ever came to Bangkok, I'm sure she'd be mistaken for an overflow of sewage from down Klong Toey way.

Not supporting the UK holiday industry? Don't you fly half way around the world just to shag whores, instead holidaying in a caravan in Blackpool like a good home boy?

The UK tabloid press is & always has been a whore. Their job is to sell advertising space. In order to do that, they have to feed the ignorant UK public with the filth that they crave, whilst the government gets away with murder!

Who here can name 3 bills being discussed in parliament (you have 5 minutes to respond, or I'll assume Wiki intelligence)?

Fucking students doing what they always do, George W (what is literacy) Bush's memoirs & a skateboarding parrot all distract us from the under the radar laws that our leaders pass.

Thank Dawkins that I've moving to a country that cares about real politics!

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Not supporting the UK holiday industry? Don't you fly half way around the world just to shag whores, instead holidaying in a caravan in Blackpool like a good home boy?

The UK tabloid press is & always has been a whore. Their job is to sell advertising space. In order to do that, they have to feed the ignorant UK public with the filth that they crave, whilst the government gets away with murder!

Who here can name 3 bills being discussed in parliament (you have 5 minutes to respond, or I'll assume Wiki intelligence)?

Fucking students doing what they always do, George W (what is literacy) Bush's memoirs & a skateboarding parrot all distract us from the under the radar laws that our leaders pass.

Thank Dawkins that I've moving to a country that cares about real politics!

You're absolutly correct of course, but getting slightly of track as to the ironic point I was trying to make, that being the press gave many inches of space to highlight Mr T.Blair hollidying abroad, but I've yet to see a whimper over Mr Cameron doing the very same.

BTW where is this eldorado of a country "That cares about real policts"? Politicians & journalists follow their own adjenda & that true the whole world over.:GoodNews1:

But I hope you find some peace of mind wherever it is your going to. Good luck!:Cross_Fingers:

Fucks sake I was gonna try and go out for 8 days and meet Dave for a couple of beers in Soi 6...thankfully I didn't book the flight. I was also gonna ask him to be my wingman for my first ever attempt on Devils Den...

And yeah I'd bar fine Sam too... :GoldenSmile1:

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

good old boy hope he has a good time allways throught he was a shit but cant be all bad if he ends up on Soi Six

MIKE

You're absolutly correct of course, but getting slightly of track as to the ironic point I was trying to make, that being the press gave many inches of space to highlight Mr T.Blair hollidying abroad, but I've yet to see a whimper over Mr Cameron doing the very same.

Didn't the press cover the Cameron's UK summer holiday trip to Cornwall this year, where the wife gave birth and even used the village name as one of the daughter's names?

Didn't the press cover the Cameron's UK summer holiday trip to Cornwall this year, where the wife gave birth and even used the village name as one of the daughter's names?

Surely he wasn't holidaying south of the Tamar? I think he must have been lost...

Nice to have two holidays a year though, I wonder if he put it on his expenses.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Cameron doesn't give a shit about human rights.. shady backhanded deals come first.. hence the tories sucking up to the Chinese.

Didn't Gordon Brown do the same?

It say's something about the (free?) press in the UK when nothing is said about Cameron like it was screamed at Tony Blair for not supporting the UK holliday industry when he sunned himself in Italy every year.

Because Cameron has already had a holiday in the UK this year already perhaps? If he wants a holiday in December or January do we really expect him to chose a country where cold, wet weather is almost guaranteed or Thailand were many of us either will be or wish we were?

Surely he wasn't holidaying south of the Tamar? I think he must have been lost...

Nice to have two holidays a year though, I wonder if he put it on his expenses.

I'm sure his wife who was earning 2 or 3 times as much as he does can afford to foot the bill.

I'm not suggesting the Tories should be above criticism but it seems that some guys are blinded by hatred and just want to slag them off whatever they do. They have inherited the country in a state after over a decade of Labour rule and there will have to be hard choices, that not everyone will agree with, made in the next few years to get the country back in shape.

Mini-rant over :)

And yeah I'd bar fine Sam too... :GoldenSmile1:

Oh, same here!....& I'd make sure it hurt! (well the Tories fucked me enough in the 80's). But come to think of it now she could easy get to work in a dammed good soapy with those great jugs of hers during yuletide.

Dave could sort out the visa issue I'm sure. lol

One thing's for sure that horrid Cherie. B. would empty the whole place just showing her vile face!

I'm not suggesting the Tories should be above criticism but it seems that some guys are blinded by hatred and just want to slag them off whatever they do. They have inherited the country in a state after over a decade of Labour rule and there will have to be hard choices, that not everyone will agree with, made in the next few years to get the country back in shape.

Back in 97 this might have read

I'm not suggesting Labour should be above criticism but it seems that some guys are blinded by hatred and just want to slag them off whatever they do. They have inherited the country in a state after over a decade of Tory rule and there will have to be hard choices, that not everyone will agree with, made in the next few years to get the country back in shape.

I think The Who sum it up best with the lines 'Meet the new boss Same as the old boss' .

Won't Get Fooled Again

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the fold, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

Just like yesterday

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

Though I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Are now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......