Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

absinthe

Surin1990

sorry, I don't understand the question.

do you want to buy it in Thailand to drink here or to take out of the country?

Central food halls will have it in the booze section as will Villa Market

I don't think there is anyone in Thailand that produces absinthe - anise maybe. So you would likely be exporting an imported product - which is probably not fiscally sound.

I think Carrefour used to carry Pastis. But, Pastis IMHO is not absinthe, to be absinthe it needs to have anise, wormwood, and fennel as ingredients.

There are also a few bars in Bangkok that have "absinthe" on the menu (or at least have in the past - I haven't looked for it in years) - Glow, and Q Bar. But I don't know of any place in Pattaya - never looked for it.

I was looking to export it,some parts of eastern europe seem to offer good deals,does anyone know were it originates from and what country would be the main producers.

I was looking to export it,some parts of eastern europe seem to offer good deals,does anyone know were it originates from and what country would be the main producers.

I'm not sure what you mean by export. As this is a Thai specific site I thought that by export you would want to export from Thailand into some other country. But maybe you want to import absinthe into Thailand? Or maybe you are just looking to export it from where ever it is being produced into several other countries?

This is a great site on Absinthe:

http://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/

IMHO the the best stuff is on this page:

http://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/classic1.html

With a little searching you should be able to find contact information for pretty much any of the stuff listed on that site. If you do plan to import into Thailand the place to start is with the producers - they can then let you know if they have any existing distribution agreements in place that would cover Thailand. It is produced in many parts of the EU (Germany, Czech Republic, France, Spain, to name a few), and I think now even in the US. Various parts of the world have limits on the wormwood or thujone content (I think Germany and CR have the most liberal standards?) - so you should also find out what limits if any exist in Thailand (or where ever else you want to ship/sell it), and thus what is legal to import into your target countries.

Absinthe was originally French, but it was illegal there for many years. Pernod was originally an absinthe company - they devised the modern liquer essentially by removing the wormwood from their absinthe recipie. Absinthe is also made in various Eastern European countries as well as Spain and it is now legal again in France.

I daresay you can get absinthe in Thai supermarkets - though like all imported liquers it will be quite expensive. Exporting it from Thailand makes no sense whatsoever - it will almost certainly be cheaper where you are trying to export it to.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

check out www.drinko.co I think you'll find what you are searching for ;)

• 3 weeks later...

OK. It's impossible to talk about absinthe and not to mention the green ferry. I've had absinthe only once just to try the taste but I hate anise. My question is has somebody really drank enough from this green stuff to get that effect which caused this drink to be illegal.

Call India