IGNORED

Smilie selection problem...

El Cata

Hi guys & mods.

When I make a reply, the horizontal scroll bar for the smilies is too thin. I've had this problem for about six months now, with my old PC, various borrowed notebooks after a HD crash & now with my newly (old) hard-drived beast.

I've always browsed with the latest version of Firefox. Any ideas? I'm just about fed up of getting my electron microscope from under my bed every time I want to express myself through emoticons. :P

BTW before you say, 'show all' just makes it harder!

Forum fuckup.JPG

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

I don't know how to make that horizontal bar larger.

But if you click next to an emoticon and drag the mouse towards the right, you should be able to scroll towards the right.

Instead of dragging the mouse, you can also move with the arrow keys (in all directions).

Does that work for you ?

I don't know how to make that horizontal bar larger.

But if you click next to an emoticon and drag the mouse towards the right, you should be able to scroll towards the right.

Instead of dragging the mouse, you can also move with the arrow keys (in all directions).

Does that work for you ?

Yes, it makes the emoticon (ghostly) visible, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution. Thanks for the tip, but I can literally half guess the emoticon anyway.

Surely there are many people who have this problem, as I've had it on 5 computers & with several Firefox updates?

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Click somewhere in the Emoticons box. Then the left and right arrows on your keyboard can center the icons (actually, there seem to be two columns of icons--the second column shows up if you keep going to the right).

The "show all" button will provide a bottom scroll bar which will do the same thing.

Edited by philkrenshaw

Click somewhere in the Emoticons box. Then the left and right arrows on your keyboard can center the icons (actually, there seem to be two columns of icons--the second column shows up if you keep going to the right).

The "show all" button will provide a bottom scroll bar which will do the same thing.

Hey, that's fixed it mate, albeit with a little irritating effort, but why does the problem exist in the first place? Surely a scroll bar is a simple MS object?

sgu_banner.gif

Try un-installing skype :GoldenSmile1:

Try uninstalling your big, smug, fat, spotty John Merrick face from the matrix & burying into a female, that you haven't paid for.

I warned you! You are now on El Cata suicide watch! :MonkeyFight:

sgu_banner.gif

Yeah choosing an emoticon is a mess. I said it in the other, similar thread but it'd be nice if it just opened into a separate window that we could make full screen or something.