IGNORED

oman air

casey47

just a little info on a recent trip travelled on oman air they were the cheapest I could find at £398 return ex htr they were excellant couldnt fault them if you want a cheap trip you cant go wrong with this airline

very good rate, was on a middle east business tour recently and flew with them, was definately ok for the price!

Oman air is a good company with fresh aircraft !

And they often have a good price for going to Thailand

I was just not lucky last time have a problem on our aircraft and we loose one hour ;(

thanks for the good advice. have often seen their cheap prices but always just expected them to be shite. will certainly take them more seriously now.

I've flown once with them and was happy with what i got. Even the changeover was good and there's a nice little bar. I would certainly use them again.

Thanks for the update as I fly with them in about 10days.

What time did you leave Pattaya to get the early morning flight back from Bangkok?

:001_Thank_You5:

I think u have to move really soon, because me from Bangkok i moved near 4 o clock already

So moving near 2...or 2:30 should be ok

thanks for the info ,i am flying out with omanair on monday night ,i was wondering what they would be like ,you have stoped me worrying ,

I left at 2am and that left me with plenty time to spare. Enjoy.

Hi lescot - which taxi firm did you use to get back from pattaya to the airport? think someone ultra reliable is required at that time of night

• 3 weeks later...

the bussiness class is excellant, go to the toilet and they make a bed for you, plenty of champers and the ife(in flight entertainment) is really upto date, in my oppion its the besat middle eastern carrier at the moment

The economy class is good too I would rate the seats as far more comfortable than EVA Air - based on my outward journey I'd use them again. Still not looking forwards to the 6.30am departure though

Has anyone done the free stopover in Muscat? and how was it hotel etc

Hi DJW, just noticed your question about taxis. Sorry about that. I know you are there now, but for anybody else who is interested, i use Pon Taxi : [email protected]

Send them an e-mail about 3 days before you fly giving your name, flight number and time of arrival. They will in return send you an e-mail explaining where to meet them at arrivals. I have used them 4 times and never any problems. Use them if you want, but only if you're going to Pattaya. The taxi stand in Patts 1s a bag shop on 2nd road at the entrance to soi 8 next to High Five hotel.

Phone number : +66 (0)38 361 741 mobile : +66 (0)89 2136123

Has anyone done the free stopover in Muscat? and how was it hotel etc

i think there are options on the oman air website for this

I just flew with Oman Air and they were really great!

• The biggest plus is the entertainment! They have a monitor in the seat in front of you. And with some kind of remote control you can select from fast variety of films and you can play some computer games or even chess.
  • During the flight you may turn on your Mobil phone.
  • The food was OK.
  • The service was good. They offer a set with a sleeping mask, earplugs and warm socks.
  • The airport in Muscat is nice and modern. But they perform an unnecessary security check with all arriving passengers.

I had that early return flight at 6.25am too, but I stayed my last night in Bangkok. There was no traffic at all, that made it a quick ride. But when I wanted to pass the immigration at about 4.30am there were only two officers working and about 200 people queuing up. At 5.00am two more officers arrived to work and at 5.10am I was finally through. So you better do not arrive last minute at the airport.

Hi DJW, just noticed your question about taxis. Sorry about that. I know you are there now, but for anybody else who is interested, i use Pon Taxi : [email protected]

Send them an e-mail about 3 days before you fly giving your name, flight number and time of arrival. They will in return send you an e-mail explaining where to meet them at arrivals. I have used them 4 times and never any problems. Use them if you want, but only if you're going to Pattaya. The taxi stand in Patts 1s a bag shop on 2nd road at the entrance to soi 8 next to High Five Hotel.

Phone number : +66 (0)38 361 741 mobile : +66 (0)89 2136123

Thanks I used PT Taxi - their office was near where I( stayed - turned up at 2,00am at airport by 3.05.....Nice and smooth. Return flight with OMAN Air again very good for the money IMO

thanks for the info ,i am flying out with omanair on monday night ,i was wondering what they would be like ,you have stoped me worrying ,

update ,could not fault them ,will use them again ,the only problem i encounterd along with all the other passengers was ,the 45minute wait for our luggage when we arrived back home into heathrow ,[but that was just shit service down to the way our country is letting the twats run the airport ]i soon solved the problem by letting the bloke in charge know what i thought of the way he run things at the top of my voice in front of every one else that just stood and said sod all [typical brits ] ,it was worth the organized pull at customs on the way out [they got the same treatment from me as well , lol ]

• 1 month later...

I had asked the question and thanks for all the correct replies. I am now in Pattaya and found OMAN AIR is excellant airline plenty of legroom and good service would fly with them again.They are very cheap normally. I flew on the 29th which was quite expensive but still only paid 610.