IGNORED

On8 sukhumvit

joltme1313

whats going on everyone. i have 3 hotel reviews from the places i stayed in bkk and pattaya.

location.

1st place that i stayed in bkk was called, On8. this place was great... its on the sukhumvit and soi 8. the location was awesome. 2 steps outside of the front door is the stairs for the nana sky train. the front entrance closes after the restaurant does but the back door is located on a small dead end soi right around the corner. this is where the reception desk is too.

Location = 10.

service.

from the moment we arrived in our taxi we were attended to hand and foot. bags out of the car brought to our rooms after a seemless check in. very friendly staff. their english seemed to be ok. i always speak thai with the hotel people so i couldn't tell if they spoke well or not. but my travel buddy spoke to them and never had a problem. they restaurant staff was very friendly along with everyone else.. and they seemed to know the local area well every time when i asked where this or that was..

service = 10..

the room.

the room and the hotel itself is less than a year old. so everything is spotlessly clean and the style of the place is modern boutique style. very nice. marble tile floors in the lobby nice art work and a wood work on a lot of the walls and it had a nice warm feel to it considering that is had such a contemporary feel to it. the standard room where i stayed was not huge but it good enough for my 3 night stay. the bathroom was sweet a huge walk-in stand up shower. no tub. surrounding mirrors and tiled floor. marble looking sink and plenty of complimentary toiletries. bathrobe and slippers. wifi free with password and username.. this was the only thing i had a problem getting to work. but i didnt stay in the room that much anyway.

the room and hotel

room and hotel = 10

i booked this hotel on Agoda.com like i mentioned earlier i booked with a friend 4 months in advance so the exchange rate was a lot better for american money. so 2 rooms were about 290 dollars or about 1300 baht a night with breakfast. all in all i loved this hotel and would recommend and i will definitely go back to this place on my next trip. nana is a 5 minute walk. lolitas a 2 minute walk. but watch out for the girl gay. her teeth are sharp.. details will be in the trip report.

i have 2 more review to make ill be adding them in a few days..

for pictures just go to agaoda because mine suck..

Edited by joltme1313

I agree, I've stayed at On8 twice now and think it's great. The one thing you didn't cover is the breakfast. They have a great little coffee where they have a buffett and you can have your eggs made to order. Good coffee and some pretty good croissants.

I've walked past there going to Aviva's and wondered what it was like. Thanks for the review.

Retired

• 2 weeks later...

Good review. Thanks for the memories.

One review mentioned a buffet. There was no buffet when I stayed in May '10, just a menu.

The lack of a window came into play because the hotel is completely non smoking and the room air conditioner recirculates the room air.

On8 has NO WINDOW. :)

Some people don't care much but I couldn't stand it. I felt like I was in a luxury jail room.

I agree. First day I felt happy in the hotel as the location is so absolutely great.....!. But as days went by the window issue was becoming a more and more important one for me.

yes the no window thing might be a problem for some people but it didnt bother me in the least.. plus there isnt anything to see. unless you want to watch people go onto the sky train..

the air con even though it might be recirculated like you said. which i dont think it is because the units are probably on the roof worked excellent.. ice cold.. i only spent time in the room for sleeping and showering.

the breakfast like i said i didnt get to try out because i over slept or ate out. it looked standard for an included meal but the resteraunt itself was very nice, modern and super clean. plus the resteraunt manager is a great girl. really friendly and great english.. and she is single looking for a husband.. and she is narak mak mak.. really cute..

again the main point is the location, price, modernness and friendliness of this place.. i will go back..

• 1 month later...

no window, is probably for the skytrain as they could see into the rooms!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 2 months later...

Is this hotel girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif