IGNORED

Accommodation in Muay Thai camp + training

Strike07

I decided to spend my time in Pattaya better than last time and join Muay Thai Camp. Do you know any Muay Thai schools that provide training, accommodation, food perhaps and are girl friendly?

Fairtex seems to be the best but the problem is that there is a huge guest fee and it is far away from "scene".

We are captives of our own identities, living in prisons of our own creation.

Not to be rude or not polite- but why?

Just curious on why spend your time "better" in Pattaya- what do you mean with better?

If you want a good MuayThai camp with everything included then go to either Bangkok or Phuket there are more Gyms there and mostly are used to give good service to their customers. There are plenty of entertainment ladies in both places.

Fairtex is obvious robbery in daylight - I wouldn't recommend that place unless you're have a lot of money and have no idea of what to use them on.

Looking forward to your reply.

Fairtex is a load of bollox to be honest - might aswell sponsor a thai bargirl instead. they are all about the money and couldnt give a shit about whether you learn anything or not. They will give you a tiny room and rape you on the prices.

Much better idea in Pattaya to just stay in a hotel and train with someone like Mr Poo, Pattaya Kombat, Sityodthong, etc..

That being said, best place for training Ive ever seen in Thailand is Tigermuaythai and MMA camp in Phuket. The place has awesome accomodation on camp and the camp is on a level of that of the UFC training centre. Funded by an American with thai and foreign trainers. Where real MMA fighters from all over the world often come for fight preparation.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Fairtex is obvious robbery in daylight - I wouldn't recommend that place unless you're have a lot of money and have no idea of what to use them on.

Why would you say that? 24000 baht for 10 days that includes (2 training sessions = 6h, nice accommodation, 2 meals and use of hotel facilities) seems pretty good to me.

Not to be rude or not polite- but why?

Just curious on why spend your time "better" in Pattaya- what do you mean with better?

By better I mean not only chasing girls and drinking alcohol but improve my Muay Thai skills and health.

Look at this if you want/have to stay in Pattaya:

http://www.kombatgroup.com/index.html

I haven't been there myself so just giving you the link.

Have checked this one before. Very far from everything, rooms don't really look so great and there is not that big difference in price.

Edited by Strike07

We are captives of our own identities, living in prisons of our own creation.

The best camp by far is in sidyodtong.

It's a little out of town, but worth the hassle!

Was there in August....and will be going back there next summer

Had actually paid 5000 baht deposit at Kombat but after I saw the place I changed to Sidyodtong....it was worth losing the deposit!

Why would you say that? 24000 baht for 10 days that includes (2 training sessions = 6h, nice accommodation, 2 meals and use of hotel facilities) seems pretty good to me.

By better I mean not only chasing girls and drinking alcohol but improve my Muay Thai skills and health.

Have checked this one before. Very far from everything, rooms don't really look so great and there is not that big difference in price.

I say that it is too much compared to prices for MuayThai training else where in Thailand and even in Pattaya. No doubt that their facilities are great but the MuayThai training isn't at all great compared to what they charge. They will give you five rounds on the pads so you feel tired and think that you're a world champion but the same feeling can you get in every other gym. After your have five rounds with pads you're let to your self on the bags or you can leave the session.

I was there for one day- a morning and afternoon session and I was not impressed at all to say it nice. First of all I didn't see any technical instruction given to anyone training there and there were a lot of people( 15+) and most were beginners but they were doing the same drills on the pads as anyone else. Besides that there were no sparring or clinching and the head trainer got a bite surprised when I asked for these parts in the training even though they have a big board on the wall which describes the training and it has these parts included.

The managers in the gym are very arrogant and I think they are quite satisfied with the success they have obtained with receiving students paying big fees to stay and train there.

I would rather stay in a nice hotel, eat good out and train at i.e. http://www.thaiboxingpattaya.com/ if I had to stay in Pattaya. Save a few thousands and spoil them on the ladies.

For me Pattaya is with no doubt only about ladies, have fun and enjoy myself. Serious improve MuayThai skills and health I would go elsewhere - Bangkok and Phuket would be good choices for obtaining these goals.

Whatever you choose - ChokeDee.

Have a look at this site reviews of different Gyms in Thailand covers a few in Pattaya with details of prices and links to the Gyms websites. www.muaythaicampsthailand.com