IGNORED

Motorbike Auctions

Hallmark

The motorbike auctions have started again on Threpasit Road near Tesco.Every Friday afternoon,viewing is I believe from 1pm and the auction starts at 5pm.

Anyone looking to buy a motorbike it may be worth your while going there to have a look.

Thanks for the heads up... Nice of you to post a report on a way to save a few bucks...

:001_Thank_You5:

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Thanks for the heads up... Nice of you to post a report on a way to save a few bucks...

:001_Thank_You5:

One thing I would add is that if you do buy from there don't let them do the transfer,I think they charge 1500 bt,if you go 1 km down the road to the first Yamaha shop they'll do it for 800 bt.

700 bt saved,it's the price of a short time isn't it ?

What sort of savings can be had over buying from a dealer? Generally speaking of course.

What sort of savings can be had over buying from a dealer? Generally speaking of course.

It all depends on what you're after,model,make,age etc etc etc.On the newer stuff there's some reasonable savings to be had and it does make the trip worthwhile.I was talking to a Thai dealer this week and he had bought a few last week and seemed happy enough with the prices and condition,as always Hondas and Yamahas were fetching decent money but there were some good buys there too.

But as always with auctions like this you have to be careful,if possible take a Thai with you to translate what's written about the bike.

Shop around first to see what you're after and what prices the dealers are charging and then take a look at the auction.

Do you know if bikes at these auctions have a reserve price? I went to some car auctions in bkk and they were a joke. The reserves were all high and i would say that less then 2% sold..

To a look at the auction last night...

they only had suzukis and yamahas for sale no hondas....19 suzukis and 51 yamahas. 90% had reserve prices but in my opinion they were low. some examples 2008-2009 finos were selling in the low 20k range. Mios were around 18-20k nuovos in the mid to upper 20s.

5000baht refundable deposit & paaport and visa required to purchase. You then have 1 week to present a residency certificate...i Also think they get 1000baht as the auction fee.

P1000723.jpg