IGNORED

TGF Learn English?

miked818

I don't know if this belongs in another area or not.

I asked mt TGF if she would learn more English. She said OK as long as I would learn some Thai, since that is only fair. I agree, it is fair.

She asked her cousin (who I don't entirely trust) and came back with a price of 5000 baht/month. Is there any other alternative? MP3 lessons? On the computer? She doesn't have a computer, but I could easily bring her laptop with the required software (I work in IT and always have extra laptops).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A thai girl with a computer will not study english. She will chat other guys, facebook, listen to music and let family / friends use etc... No way would I ever expect a bar girl to study via computer at first.

If you pay for a class you pay direct to the school not to your girl. You get the teacher eamil and talk to the teacher and have the teacher email you if she shows up / studies / how she is doing etc...

This way you get to see if your girl is serious or not. If she wakes up and attends and practices and such then you got a halfway decent girl. If you want to throw away a computer give it to me because she won't study with a computer at first.

5,000 baht a month you gotta give us more info like what school or such... private tutor... number of lessons... is that with books without books etc... I would not trust a private tutor send her to a registered / listed school. A private tutor could easily be her Thai BF and email you great results etc...

The only good thing about giving her a computer is if you install a spy program on it to monitor her before she uses it.

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

Send her to the public evening school. English lessons are free and you just pay for the books, which is a couple of 100 baht a year.

It’s not as trendy as private schools, but at least you will find out in what she’s really into.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Send her to the public evening school. English lessons are free and you just pay for the books, which is a couple of 100 baht a year.

Depending on the time of the classes, one girl I know could not use them as she was working. So then you might get suckered into supporting her so she could take FREE classes...

Depending on the time of the classes, one girl I know could not use them as she was working. So then you might get suckered into supporting her so she could take FREE classes...

These classes were not invented for BGs. They are meant for people who work all day and take the chance to improve their education during evening hours.

For about 2 years I taught on Phuket voluntarily basic computer skills, and I was surprised how many shop girls, room maids and kitchen staff took advantage of this free service.

These classes were not invented for BGs. They are meant for people who work all day and take the chance to improve their education during evening hours.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink"

Some people want to better their lives and jump at a chance to learn and others you can't even pay them to learn or do good.... Some BG's are happy with 10 - 15 K a month to stay at home and others spend that in one night in clothes, movie, food, new phones etc...

Working in NGO's myself, I'm always amazed at how many NGO's are screaming about the plight of the bar girls and the abuse they go through. But very few programs are organized for when these BG's could take advantage of programs.

They (many THEY'S in this broad statement of a word but I do not want to be specific to keep things non political) just play lip service and stand on their soap boxes in regards to working BG's.

Good for you for donating your time. We were just talking last night about how we gotta stay busy in Thai besides sex and drinking or you fry your brain...

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink"

Some people want to better their lives and jump at a chance to learn and others you can't even pay them to learn or do good.... Some BG's are happy with 10 - 15 K a month to stay at home and others spend that in one night in clothes, movie, food, new phones etc...

True words.

That’s why I posted earlier ”It’s not as trendy as private schools, but at least you will find out in what she’s really into.

I got the impression that many BG’s prefer to get a Farang to pay for expensive classes, rather than to share lessons with the common working class.

It’s not all about unsuitable class hours.

Edited by Benny10

The public classes sounds perfect. I was looking more towards self-help (mp3, books) for the same reason -"at least you will find out in what she’s really into.”

there are tons of stuff you can download off you tube or the net and put on her phone / MP5 player / etc... for her to watch... the video tutorials I think a good start to get them a little more motivated then a program... you can always move up to like rosetta stone levels or other items if she is into things...

I am currently looking for stuff that can be downloaded and played on phone/mp3 player. Quality varies greatly. I found one site that looked perfect with mp3 lessons and matching PDF workbooks. I looked at the PDFs and found every one was about the bible. ughhh

Also did a Google search for schools in Pattaya. Prices are go from 2500-6000 baht. There is one place that has a 30 hour course for 2500 baht. I will keep that one in mind for possible later use.

Are you able to point me in the right direction for free public classes?