IGNORED

honey hotel

tonyacat

The Honey hotel introduced in Suk Psycho's website is:

- guest friendly

- 800-900 baht

- with swimming pool

- excellent location

but I can't find any hotel booking website for Honey hotel. Is walking in the only way?

No money, no honey..... or .... No website, no honey :Circle_Sharks:

soi%203-1%20&%2019%20047.jpg

bangkok.jpg

There is another honey house, I think they are different.

Edited by tonyacat

I used to stay here quite often, its a decent hotel. I used to book by calling or email. I have a business card about somewhere, I will try to find it and post the details.

any in room safe?

another review told "the rooms very old, maybe 20 years"

6 of the 25 reviews at Tripadvisor dating from 2010 to 2007 reported thefts. That's close to 25%. If there is that much thievery there, I don't think a safe would help. Cheap room safes can be opened with a master combination.

There are just too many other options in Bangkok to take the chance on this one IMO.

If old is what you are looking for Rajah Mansion will do that for you. A FL took me to her room there to pick up her phone or something. I was not impressed.

I am impressed by the description of Tenface at BangkokAddicts. It's out of the way, but sure looks nice for the price.

Edited by xilef

I use to almost live there in the late 80s, but the place has hardly changed, its on the Lonely Planets list now, so best avoided. Recently got a room via Expedia for B950 at the Key, on the same street, free wifi, guest friendly.

In my opinion the days of the Honey are over, its jaded and so are the staff, many better deals for the same price if you shop around

6 of the 25 reviews at Tripadvisor dating from 2010 to 2007 reported thefts. That's close to 25%. If there is that much thievery there, I don't think a safe would help. Cheap room safes can be opened with a master combination.

There are just too many other options in Bangkok to take the chance on this one IMO.

If old is what you are looking for Rajah Mansion will do that for you. A FL took me to her room there to pick up her phone or something. I was not impressed.

I am impressed by the description of Tenface at BangkokAddicts. It's out of the way, but sure looks nice for the price.

Dont be so negative. Try yourself then comment. There is only ever 1 true judge of places etc and that is you.

Been staying there for 7 years or so. Rooms vary from 800 - 1500 baht. Nothing special but cleaner and more reliable than any other hotel around that I have tried.

Never had a theft and have left many portable things around.

5 mins walk to cowboy, BTS & Mrt. 15mins walk to Nana and if you are so inclined freelancers on Sukhumwit after dark.

Dont be so negative. Try yourself then comment. There is only ever 1 true judge of places etc and that is you.

Been staying there for 7 years or so. Rooms vary from 800 - 1500 baht. Nothing special but cleaner and more reliable than any other hotel around that I have tried.

Never had a theft and have left many portable things around.

5 mins walk to cowboy, BTS & Mrt. 15mins walk to Nana and if you are so inclined freelancers on Sukhumwit after dark.

One man's negativity is another man's caution. No way I'm going to try this hotel because the consequences could be too dire. I have no Desire to be thousands of miles from home with no cash (again) and my laptop connection to email being someone else's connection to pron.

The reviews at Tripadvisor have many reports from people who have used the hotel many times over several years. One of them was ripped off.

RE: again. I returned to Bangkok from Phuket the day the government cracked down on the Red Shirts. All of the money exchanges closed early that day. I had a 1,000 baht note and 3 US 100's in my pocket. My dinner money went to buy tea for a cop who gave me the list while I was looking for an open exchange (near Nana, BTW. I was staying at On8).

I eventually found that 5 star hotels will exchange your money if you buy something in the bar. I bought a $5 Coke and got a lousy exchange rate, but I got to eat where I wanted to that night and picked up the FL I spoke of earlier.

• 1 month later...

Stayed there May Before and after red sirt problem . Were doing some of the rooms up . Never had a problem with theft , and have left things of value lying around .

Stayed there one night and did not have a pleasant experience. My GF booked the room for us. Granted it was cheap (800 Baht). I met her there and she did not seem too happy about the room. I am usually pretty laid back about hotels so, I said I am sure it will be fine for now.

The room was in The garage. WTF. It was already too late to do anything about it, so we unpacked and went to sleep. I could hear everything that was going on in the garage: Horns, cars passing, whistling....I swear I even heard someone who dropped their keys.

The next morning, I went to the front desk and asked if they had any rooms that were not in the garage. They said, they were pretty booked up, so I moved to the Luxury hotel a block away.

I am sure they have nicer rooms (1,300 Baht), but I will not be back.

• 3 weeks later...

looks a bit run down!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!