IGNORED

If it smells good

Alan lad

hi guys

Well my wife and i just cant seem to agree on this one .

In the BLACK BOOK RESORT my wife wants to have oils burning in the resort so that when you walk into to place not only does it look good but also smells good .

My Wife Dah tells me long after the candles what she uses to heat the oil have gone out ,the smells of these oils are still in the rooms .She tells me it makes her feel good and she feels more like sex with this smell around.

Is the smell of these type of oils some thing that you would find you would like if you were staying at the resort or is my wife just trying to get her own way again .

Do you think it makes any differance to the girl who is staying with you ?OR do you really care ?

alan

Personally i would like to walk into a nice smelling room each day,as long as its not some of those sickly smelling oils.

we have those Airwick things all over the place set to go off every 38 minutes,smells really fresh and nice in the shop and rooms when you walk in.

dont know about making the wife want sex more thuo,it dont have that effect on mine,she dose often comment on the apartment smelling nice when she walks in,took a while to find her favorite one thou.

Sure I think the smell makes a difference. Nothing more off putting than checking into your room after 24 hours of travel to find out it smells rank or musty.

That being said you have to watch out because some smells might put some people off - especially if they are very strong/over powering.

I think it will have more of an impact on the birds that are invited to stay as opposed to the punters.

You might consider simply asking folks that pre-book if they would like a certain scent, or let them choose from two or three (or none).

Personnally I like vanilla but I've fond that many/most vanilla scents are very strong so most of the time I use a "fresh scent/ ocean breeze" type of more neutral scent.

Sure I think the smell makes a difference. Nothing more off putting than checking into your room after 24 hours of travel to find out it smells rank or musty.

That being said you have to watch out because some smells might put some people off - especially if they are very strong/over powering.

I think it will have more of an impact on the birds that are invited to stay as opposed to the punters.

You might consider simply asking folks that pre-book if they would like a certain scent, or let them choose from two or three (or none).

Personnally I like vanilla but I've fond that many/most vanilla scents are very strong so most of the time I use a "fresh scent/ ocean breeze" type of more neutral scent.

I use in house , shop and take with us when we travel.....love it and think it makes difference.

Yes to wife's idea.. if for no other reason, it may coverup nasty body smells that may be released at inappropriate times...5555

plus i hate coming into a musty or stale smelling room.

As long as the burning oils don't pose a fire hazard.... :-)

I agree that odors make a difference. A smell I like has a good chance of creating a positive effect. A smell I do not like will definitely create a negative effect.

A nice smelling room is definitely a plus. Nice smelling is subjective though. Something you think smells nice other people might gag at. Also, odors can increase or decrease arousal, bring back memories and emotions - good or bad. I would recommend that the safest thing for a resort would just simply be an odor-free room. The option to choose a fragrance you like and control its strength would be my next recommendation. If the renter(s) staying in the room selects an odor that his guests don't like thats just the renters bad luck but I doubt it makes much of a difference for them. But if the resort chooses an odor the renter doesn't like that can negatively affect the renters perception of the business. A bit picky I know but it is the small things that can cause the biggest problems.

Some smells I like some I don't. But anything to thick or heavy is a put off. Makes me wonder what thier trying to cover up.

another thing i will add about smells is i love clean fresh smelling sheets pillow cases etc,thats the most important thing for me.

me and the wife have stayed in loads of hotels etc,the worst thing is to check into a room that smells of smoke,dont get me wrong im a smoker but do it on the balcony as the wife hates it.

stale smoke puts many people off.

hi guys

hi miles yes you are right i am the same a clean smelling bed is a good start BUT a bad finish ha ha.

Sir at BBR we let you tell us when you wish to have the maid come over to clean the place !

This way your pillow cases will be as fresh as possable for you when ever you need them that way .

Also this way you get to enjoy the resort in as much privatcy as possable (on one walking in on you at the wrong stroke while in the pool at 2 pm on a hot afternoon )

alan

Gday Al,

As a future resident I would agree with both you and your wife.

Its a mood setter and I myself prefer inscence to oils but the "flavour" its a very personal choice.

I definitely believe that first smells also form a big part of the first impression. If it smells stale smoky musty its a big turnoff.

As to the overnight guests its the same thing. Some like it some hate it. candles n smells usually go down well.

look forward to november

coops

ITS MY GAMBLE YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GGF

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

I think it is an excellent idea mate as girls are, as a general rule, highly tuned to scent GoldenSmile1.gif Not only a visual, but an olfactory assault on the senses. Only problem is, I might not be able to get rid of the girls, as they already offer to stay for no extra cost due to how stunning the place is.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Only problem is, I might not be able to get rid of the girls, as they already offer to stay for no extra cost due to how stunning the place is.

Oh to have such hardships.

:Bravo1:;)

coops

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

Oh to have such hardships.

:Bravo1:;)

coops

LOL...You'll see what I mean on the 21st mate GoldenSmile1.gif The place is stunning

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

I think it is an excellent idea mate as girls are, as a general rule, highly tuned to scent GoldenSmile1.gif Not only a visual, but an olfactory assault on the senses. Only problem is, I might not be able to get rid of the girls, as they already offer to stay for no extra cost due to how stunning the place is.

Thats a great idea, get some stink bombs on hand to get rid of the girls!

LOL...You'll see what I mean on the 21st mate GoldenSmile1.gif The place is stunning

Thats a great idea, get some stink bombs on hand to get rid of the girls!

Take me for a curry mate. Ill soon have them moving on Mwa ha ha. :wacko:

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

hi guys

well i am starting to see that my wife is right god i hate that

alan