IGNORED

Reputation Bar

Dalef65

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all....

What is this Reputation thing all about....?

I have been a member now for over a year,with almost 100 posts.But my reputation has not changed since day one.

I see some people with reputation up in the 80s...What do you do to go up(or down for that matter)with this reputation thing.....?

Cheers.

• Like 2

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all....

What is this Reputation thing all about....?

I have been a member now for over a year,with almost 100 posts.But my reputation has not changed since day one.

I see some people with reputation up in the 80s...What do you do to go up(or down for that matter)with this reputation thing.....?

Cheers.

As I understand it, Reputation is an approximate measure of how helpful or insightful your posts have been with respect to other BM on the forum. In a sense it is a measure of Forum status. If folks like what you have written, they can promote your post by giving it a +1 Reputation. A high reputation to me serves as an indicator that this person has been around for a while and has A) written quite a few insightful and well received posts, B) has many BM friends gaming the system to boost his Rep or C) Some combination of the A and B. You can also compare Reputation to number of posts. A person with say 20 Rep and 100 posts probably had a lot more interesting things to say than a person with 0 Rep and 1000 posts.

Cheers,

-ZGF

As I understand it, Reputation is an approximate measure of how helpful or insightful your posts have been with respect to other BM on the forum. In a sense it is a measure of Forum status. If folks like what you have written, they can promote your post by giving it a +1 Reputation. A high reputation to me serves as an indicator that this person has been around for a while and has A) written quite a few insightful and well received posts, B) has many BM friends gaming the system to boost his Rep or C) Some combination of the A and B. You can also compare Reputation to number of posts. A person with say 20 Rep and 100 posts probably had a lot more interesting things to say than a person with 0 Rep and 1000 posts.

Cheers,

-ZGF

:10of10Score:

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Cheers,

-ZGF

Thank you for the answer ZGF.....

How do people give the +1 reputation to each other?Im not sure ive noticed the mechanism of doing that...?

Also I can see that a group of people could conceivably get together and "make sure" that they all have high reputation together.....?

Is this allowed....?

Cheers..

The feature is at the bottom right of every post (that's not your own that is), above the word "MultiQuote". Just click on the green circle with the "plus" sign to vote a post up and leave a comment if you wish. Doing this will add to someone's reputation.

Is gaming the reputation system allowed? I'm sure it's frowned upon at the very least and probably worthy of the Ban Hammer if it is obviously being abused.

High reputation amounts to a certain about of recognition I suppose, but it's not something I would personally aspire to. If I wanted to be recognized, I'd go to Facebook.

Cheers,

-ZGF

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Edited by ZGreyFox

Also I can see that a group of people could conceivably get together and "make sure" that they all have high reputation together.....?

Is this allowed....?

It is frowned upon. It is also, surely, completely pointless - unless people think "Triple digit rep score on www.pattaya-addicts.com" is going to look good on their resume or a dating site profile? :unsure:

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

It is frowned upon. It is also, surely, completely pointless - unless people think "Triple digit rep score on www.pattaya-addicts.com" is going to look good on their resume or a dating site profile? :unsure:

Dont get me wrong,I wasnt advocating such a thing.

I was just asking the question because I can see that it may potentially be open to abuse...