IGNORED

Micro sim

jonthai

Thanks for the reply.

I am still in UK and am coming to Pattaya in Decemeber so looking for a micro sim to use in my I Phone.

I don't think it will be easy to get micro-SIMs, as there is only two devices which support them so there is not enough demand as yet.

I think your best option would be to learn how to cut up a standard SIM yourself, it seems like it is an easy process and there are plenty of video guides on youtube.

I imagine that soon enough all those mobile phone booths will have SIM cutting services for a couple of hundred baht as well.

Seeming a DTAC Happy SIM will only set you back 40 baht, if you stuff it up during the cutting process you are not going to lose much.

You might be interested in my experience using data on my iPhone in Thailand, which I just posted here

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

Can anyone advise if you can buy micro sims in Pattaya ?

Very doubtful you would get one just yet in Pattaya.but I found this so hopefully it might be of use

Sim Conversion Link

I went to tukom looking for one... my phone guy said "sure...no problem, give me your regular sim" so I handed it over...I was not the least bit surprised when he whipped out a pair of scissors and proceeded to hack it up. took him 10 minutes to make me a custom micro sim that works just fine.

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

• 6 months later...

I saw micro sims at Tuckom from all providers when i bought my Iphone there last week.

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

But if you get your sim cut to a micro-sim and put it in your iPad, do the regular top up cards you buy at 7-11 give you pay as you go data service on the iPad?

But if you get your sim cut to a micro-sim and put it in your iPad, do the regular top up cards you buy at 7-11 give you pay as you go data service on the iPad?

You can do it that way. A better option would be to call the network and get on a data package/promotion.

I believe it's around 1000 baht a month for all you can eat data on a promotion.

Does you hotel have wifi?