IGNORED

Drink Driving

AlantheBuilder

http://www.drinkdriving.org/worldwide_drink_driving_limits.php

Interesting web site , The Thai police are really cracking down on drink drivers at the moment Big fines , community service even jail .My mate had to spend 20 hours brushing the Wat (temple) grounds plus he got 10.000 baht fine and 1 night in the slammer LOL .Mind you I think things would not have been so bad if his Mrs didn’t kick off on the officer screaming and shouting at him like a Looney as soon as they got stopped , my mate was almost dragged to the sells ,he was the quiet type too. LOL.

I think the fine should have been higher like 50.000THB

Drunk driving is one of the most dangerous things and I am very strict about this issue :NoNo3:

usually 500 baht fixes it

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

how do they inforce the limit, with breathliser like in the west?

cheers

Edited by jaylovely1980

how do they inforce the limit, with breathliser like in the west?

cheers

The same way they charge you for speeding......they stop you,say you're drunk and that's it,you're guilty :GoldenSmile1:

The same way they charge you for speeding......they stop you,say you're drunk and that's it,you're guilty :GoldenSmile1:

That what I though, so all the BAC Limit % stuff is abit of a mute point, you can still have a couple of beers and as long as you are not an idiot and actully are (and look) drunk you will be OK and that helpful man in the tight brown uniform say you are driving in the wrong lane or something like normal :)

cheers

That what I though, so all the BAC Limit % stuff is abit of a mute point, you can still have a couple of beers and as long as you are not an idiot and actully are (and look) drunk you will be OK and that helpful man in the tight brown uniform say you are driving in the wrong lane or something like normal :)

cheers

That's about it in a nutshell....plus as Craig says above 500bt will normally be enough for them anyway..

That's about it in a nutshell....plus as Craig says above 500bt will normally be enough for them anyway..

yeah, I would never drive/ride drunk myself, that is crazy thing to do IMO, happy for the drunk guys to get done but also happy is not going the same way as the west where you can be in trouble for being 1% over the BAC limit when all you did is have a couple of small beers at dinner.

cheers

yeah, I would never drive/ride drunk myself, that is crazy thing to do IMO, happy for the drunk guys to get done but also happy is not going the same way as the west where you can be in trouble for being 1% over the BAC limit when all you did is have a couple of small beers at dinner.

cheers

That's the sensible attitude,I'm the same,have a couple or three beers and I'm fine,have an all nighter and get a taxi home and collect the bike the next day.

I don't like my money paying the BiB's mortgage payments.

hey i've seen them using breath testing equipment just like in farangland

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

• 3 weeks later...