IGNORED

Computer parts in Pattaya

Phoon

hey guys, coming to patts in 6 weeks, while there on my last day Id like to buy some seagate or any good brand name Harddrives such as SSD 2.5'.. only really after 5 or so drives.

Where would i find a trustworthy shop with a decent range??

Also, im thinking of posting a few things home to myself in Australia to avoid huge luggage+weight... Is the best way to post things back to my own country by going to the post office??

What are the post offices called in Patts?

Thanks for any help u can give me everybody.

Your best option will be Tucom on South Pattaya Raod (Pattaya Tai). It is on the right side as you head away from Second Road.

The post office is, funnily enough, called the post office and it can be found on Soi Post Office. It is also known as Soi 13/2.

I don't know if I would trust the Thai postal system with 5 hard drives. If you do make sure you send it registered. A safer option would be Fedex but that will cost you more. There have an office in Naklua.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

http://www.invadeit.co.th/

look at this site to get a rough idea on prices. Smaller retaillers in tukcom will be cheaper, careful not to buy fake parts though. Pantip or the IT centre in ratchada BKK will be cheaper still though.

If you post home by Fedex make sure you repackage the items to avoid tax on new items in your own country

Cheers

If you post home by Fedex make sure you repackage the items to avoid tax on new items in your own country

Cheers

As long as the goods are worth less than A$1000 this is not a problem to Australia.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

hey guys, coming to patts in 6 weeks, while there on my last day Id like to buy some seagate or any good brand name Harddrives such as SSD 2.5'.. only really after 5 or so drives.

Where would i find a trustworthy shop with a decent range??

Also, im thinking of posting a few things home to myself in Australia to avoid huge luggage+weight... Is the best way to post things back to my own country by going to the post office??

What are the post offices called in Patts?

Thanks for any help u can give me everybody.

Hi mate,

Firstly, you should be aware of the Tourist Refund Scheme offered on any invoice you have over $300 on items you take with you on the plane as long as you bought it within the last 30 days before departure. You will get back the 10% GST! I will be taking advantage of this to buy myself an iPad 16GB Wifi and some kickass Klipsch x10i earbuds from Techbuy.com.au (bargain for $241 after refund)

If you want to buy something small and light like SSD drives, taking that link posted above to invadeit, an A-Data 128GB is 12,600 baht or AU$426, whereas if you check the price engine staticice.com.au you can get it in Australia for $369 and that is before the tourist refund!

Finally again regarding SSD, please be aware that Intel is soon releasing their next-gen SSD devices which will be faster, cheaper, bigger and longer lifespan:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/05/intels-25nm-solid-state-drives-boast-huge-capacity-improved-re/

Cheers

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

The best place is Fortune city in Bangkok (it’s on the subway line) , the stuff there is less likely to be counterfeit, you are taking a chance in Tukcom Pattaya or Pantip Plaza Bangkok.

In my experience all the stuff I bought in KL is still working well and the stuff I bought in Thailand is broken (includes ram, external and internal hard drives, memory sticks, power units for laptops).

For me the best internal hardrives for now is Samsung.

They are very light now so dont worry about the luggage weight.

Here's a couple of links to JIB and Hardware House - 2 of Tukcom's larger retailers. It might not be as cheap here as you think.

http://www.jib.co.th/

HWH

Be scene and not herd.

Here's a couple of links to JIB and Hardware House - 2 of Tukcom's larger retailers. It might not be as cheap here as you think.

HWH

I have to say when I was looking at upgrading my desktop, all the parts seemed to be more expensive here than Ebay back in the UK.

Some things like external HDs seem to have come down, but they have back home too.

I want a quad core main board etc, but I'm waiting to see whether I'm going back or not.

Obviously the problem is partly import duty, but it's mainly the exchange date, so it depends where you come from.

I have to say when I was looking at upgrading my desktop, all the parts seemed to be more expensive here than Ebay back in the UK.

Some things like external HDs seem to have come down, but they have back home too.

I want a quad core main board etc, but I'm waiting to see whether I'm going back or not.

Obviously the problem is partly import duty, but it's mainly the exchange date, so it depends where you come from.

You also have to bear in mind the likelihood of buying a faulty part and not realizing it until you return home.

Be scene and not herd.

Computer parts cheaper in thailand? I would not think so...maybe from hongkong or china where alot of it is produced. If you are from the US I would suggest www.newegg.com that's where I buy most of my computer parts, cheap and quick delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of those testers for testing to see if there is live cables in the wall, bargain price it was, was never able to get the cap off of it though.

VLC Player

I bought a 2TB sata drive earlier this month.

Made in Thailand but cheeper in the UK that in LOS ?

I have checked hardware prices on previos trips and you will be lucky to find better value than at home .

Keith

• 3 years later...

http://www.invadeit.co.th/

look at this site to get a rough idea on prices. Smaller retaillers in tukcom will be cheaper, careful not to buy fake parts though. Pantip or the IT centre in ratchada BKK will be cheaper still though.

Cheers

Found this old thread when looking for suggestions on where to buy a couple of computer components. Thought I'd give invadeIT a try for one accessory, an external HD (flagged as in stock).

Order process was fast and easy. Paid using direct bank transfer (Kasikorn). From checkout to email confirmation of payment received was less than 15 minutes. Email notification that order was packed came 13 minutes later, shipping notification with tracking number arrived three hours later. EMS shipping (cost B97) delivered package from Hua Hin to Pattaya in one day.

I did have a look around Tukcom, but didn't see the specific model HD I was looking for so can't comment on if the price I paid was a deal or not. But considering my time is worth something, wasting time poking around Tukcom probably would negate any small price savings I might realize compared to ordering online.

Thanks for the invadeIT recommendation, will be using them again.

This guy has just moved out of tukcom to next to it,  he knows his stuff and gets all the high end stuff.

Hes Indian and speaks english ok.

HWH

I have upgraded my computer a few times using JIB Computers in Tukcom. Prices compare with other places and they put them in for free.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived