Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review of Chow Soy Guest House

PattayaFanatic

Review of Chow Soy Guest House

I originally was booked Sept 22 to Sept 28.When I decided not to stay on Walking Street I headed to LK Metro.I thought I’d take a shot at Chow Soy to see if he had a vacancy.I was in luck he had just gotten a cancellation so I was able to check in to one room the entire stay of 15 nights.9000bt all in.

No Joiner fees for the first two ladies.

I really like the room and the more laid back location.I settled in quickly.The room is huge.It has a sofa and coffee table on one side of the room.42” LCD TV in room safe large fridge and a lockable drawer for you valuables.Also remote controlled AC.

Only a couple of minor issues to note.The sink facet was loose and I couldn’t quite figure out the AC remote.I just pulled the power most times when it got chilly in the room.

The AC worked well I kept it off half the time when I was in the room,just used the ceiling fans.And Thai girls get cold fast.They really liked the room.

Dave the owner is a nice chap from Britain.He also manages a ladyboy cabaret in Jomtien.

When I asked for directions for the songtaew to the board meet on Soi 6 he had his cook give me a motobike ride there.A bit hair raising experience.Thanks Dave I would’ve got lost for sure.

It’s location is central to everything.I walked a lot so I could get familiar with the town.It’s about a 15 minute walk to Beach road and Central Festival.About a 25 minute walk to Walking Street.Soi Buakhaow is just 50 paces away.It’s 250 paces to Devils Den front door.Oasis agogo is on the corner.A family mart and 7-11 are around the corner.there are 4 money changers across from Oasis agogo.TT had the best rates.

There’s also pharmacies close for your Kamagra fix.

There are some beer bars next door 3 of them.Internet shop and laundry just 2 doors down.Buffalo bar on 3rd road is just 5 minutes walk away.

This will be my first choice home away from home on future trips.

I rate Overall 5/5,Value for money 5/5

Look for my Chow Soy Restaurant review.

Contact Dave for reservations

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/24432-rooms-above-the-new-chow-soy-restaurant/page__p__378130#entry378130

CS02.jpg

CS03.jpg

CS04.jpg

CS05.jpg

CS06.jpg

CS01.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi PF

Thanks for the review.

LK Metro is indeed a fab central location with most everything within walking distance, and a hell of a lot virtually next door.

If my regular billet, 3-Som Guest House, happens to be full I'll keep in mind to try here.

I take it they were girl-friendly?

Cheers

Tony

My ongoing September TR link

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__988969__fromsearch__1

Hi PF

Thanks for the review.

LK Metro is indeed a fab central location with most everything within walking distance, and a hell of a lot virtually next door.

If my regular billet, 3-Som Guest House, happens to be full I'll keep in mind to try here.

I take it they were girl-friendly?

Cheers

Tony

My ongoing September TR link

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/63640-pattaya-trip-report-september-2010/page__view__findpost__p__988969__fromsearch__1

Getting a room here on short notice is near impossible.You can always try maybe you'll get lucky.

Getting a room here on short notice is near impossible.You can always try maybe you'll get lucky.

great review.. thanks for sharing...

it also looks like they might have some rooms with balconies too..

Wi-fi Internet in the rooms?

Wi-fi Internet in the rooms?

I believe so.I don't have a laptop.

I stayed here for 2 weeks at the beginning of sept.

Great Location and great Price for all thats included.

Good Large sized rooms, with Balcony.

Free Wifi available in the rooms, although top room is a bit of a hit or miss?

Good location with a good few bars next door - Barbie Bar downstairs Happy Hour 2 for the price of 1 Beer 85Baht!

Near to Oasis Go Go, Champagne Go Go which is a must! Office Go Go, Papagayo Coyote Bar and of course very very close to Devils Den!!

Very clean and safe.

Wanted to return back and book in over Xmas and New year, but its all booked up!!

As for Dave, hes a great bloke!

I would like to second everything PF above said everything you want to do or go too is very close by . I'm staying here at this very moment, and will stay here again next time I'm in Pattaya ( which I hope will be very soon ) Got a call from the States that I need to sign some important papers, so that is forcing me to cut my stay in LOS by 10 days. So when I asked Dave if he had a room for me for 3 more days, not only did he say YES but he's letting me keep the same room ! Now one last thing before I go , has anyone mentioned what a fantastic staff Dave has ? If not let me be the first, their GREAT, everyone of them. OK I'm not finished with this revue yet, but need to walk down the 30 paces to pick up my laundry, they also do a great job and hardly charge a thing. 5 STARS FOR ROOMS ABOVE CHOW SOY !!!!

I would like to second everything PF above said everything you want to do or go too is very close by . I'm staying here at this very moment, and will stay here again next time I'm in Pattaya ( which I hope will be very soon ) Got a call from the States that I need to sign some important papers, so that is forcing me to cut my stay in LOS by 10 days. So when I asked Dave if he had a room for me for 3 more days, not only did he say YES but he's letting me keep the same room ! Now one last thing before I go , has anyone mentioned what a fantastic staff Dave has ? If not let me be the first, their GREAT, everyone of them. OK I'm not finished with this revue yet, but need to walk down the 30 paces to pick up my laundry, they also do a great job and hardly charge a thing. 5 STARS FOR ROOMS ABOVE CHOW SOY !!!!

I left the staff alot of tip money.They where excellent. :Clap9:

I have got one complaint ................

........he was full when I wanted a room . :Cry3: Need to build some more Dave . :001_Sawasdee:

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

Anyone can tell me what size rooms are on the lowest floor as I have trouble with stairs? Thanks

Anyone can tell me what size rooms are on the lowest floor as I have trouble with stairs? Thanks

The room pictured is the lowest floor.1 floor up.

i stayed there last week and the rooms were bang on for the money you pay, also the food was good too cheers dave.

Never stayed in the rooms, but they do a stonking full English here.

Be scene and not herd.

Thanks for the report, i'm staying here on an upcoming trip and i've only heard good things! I'm looking forward to it! seems like a good area too

Call me old fashioned, but I believe in having sex with a girl at least three times before I'll buy her dinner.

Thanks for the report, i'm staying here on an upcoming trip and i've only heard good things! I'm looking forward to it! seems like a good area too

Same as that :) Just over a week to go, an I will be there!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard all good things about the place so I will be staying there for 3 weeks in about 3 weeks.

Not long now Siege :D

Love those rooms, love the food, love the location.... Oh and did I say I LOVE THAT PLACE ?

But writing good reviews is not going to help me get a room if everyone finds out .

So forget everyting I said about that place, it's no good, go away and I'll take that room so Dave dosen't lose any $$

DSC05971_2.jpg

All true.

But can you believe it? Some tosser's having a go at Dave on the "Rooms above the Chow Soy" thread.

I think the competition don't like the fact that, whatever they do, they will always fall behind Chow Soy.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Booked yesterday for March after all the recommendations I've seen and I think the location is great. Looking forward to my stay.

Glyn.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

Booked yesterday for March after all the recommendations I've seen and I think the location is great. Looking forward to my stay.

Glyn.

Cheer Glyn!

Got the deposit.

Regards

Dave

Archived