Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review of Chow Soy Guest House

PattayaFanatic

Thanks Laawman :GoldenSmile1:

I tell you what else might improve it - and that's a small glass of water (doesn't have to be bottled) with the meal. Most Thai restaurants and some coffee shops do this as a courtesy and is much appreciated.

Also, another knife for the marmalade would be handy! Even the best restaurants slip up on this.

Be scene and not herd.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found this post.

On seeing the otside photo's I rcognise and know it, not for the rooms, but for the restraunt.

I had a month staying 2 blocks away, and My TGF and I ate there almost every day.

Very Very clean, Falang and Thai food and a very good range. The serveings were large and excelent value.

The staff were EXCELENT, especially one very attractive waitress, don't know her name, as my girl didn't speak English she was very helpfull interperting.

I was always happy to leave a large tip. The first time I did, they came after me saying I had forgot my money. Very honest in all aspects.

Well done Dave.

" Of Course You Love Me Darlink, I Handsome Man"5555

I have stayed there for 28 days after looking at the room I did not try to get a discount was very happy with the charge.

you really need to look at the rooms to understand the quality A1.

genuine guy giving excellent value for your money.

Taff

I stayed there for the first time in May and just stayed there 2 weeks during my trip in Dec, has to be the best value guesthouse in a good area too. Will be staying there again in June. Dave is one of the good guys out there in patts and the staff there are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

The pics look really good. How is the noise from the Soi and from other rooms? Any difficulty for a very light sleeper in getting good nights kip (2-3am til 12). Don't mind wearing ear plugs but don't fancy motorbikes blaring at 7am.

Been staying in Sandy Springs the last few things and am looking for a change of venue. Seems to be a lot better value for money on that side of the town.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

The pics look really good. How is the noise from the Soi and from other rooms? Any difficulty for a very light sleeper in getting good nights kip (2-3am til 12). Don't mind wearing ear plugs but don't fancy motorbikes blaring at 7am.

Been staying in Sandy Springs the last few things and am looking for a change of venue. Seems to be a lot better value for money on that side of the town.

Noise is tolerable.Occasional Catcalls from the bars downstairs.Not too bad.

Booked in to stay here for a few weeks later this year. Glad I booked early, the rooms look fantastic.

You are all right!

For quality of the rooms, good food downstairs, local knowledge from Dave, and superb location, The Chow is No.1

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I like to say sorry to all the people who try book a room over christmas ........

I suggest if you really what a room at chow soy book early .....

Six months or more................

As Dave rooms was the second place I have stay at ......it killed the condo the first time ...........(jomtien)

If you want a quite place close to the beach and don't mine walking condo great for first timers....

Chow soy has everything you want close by Bars ,clubs ,ATM ,money changers.......and plenty of girls.....

Cost mostly only 40 baht to go most places (scooter) soi 6-7 and it walking distance done it many times ....

The girls from the bars next door well behave and respect your privacy.......

As other BM's have said do yourself a favor booked it ........

Hard to beat a more central place and the rates are fair ..................

Dave is one of the true helpful bloke I know ............

Only so happy to help you and make suggestion if any problems arise......

I,m always be grateful to him for what he has done (private) call him a true friend.....

I like to say again for those who want to book a room for April .......sorry :GoldenSmile1:

See you all in April for fun and games........... :Flying:

I like to say sorry to all the people who try book a room over christmas ........

I suggest if you really what a room at chow soy book early .....

Six months or more................

As Dave rooms was the second place I have stay at ......it killed the condo the first time ...........(jomtien)

If you want a quite place close to the beach and don't mine walking condo great for first timers....

Chow soy has everything you want close by Bars ,clubs ,ATM ,money changers.......and plenty of girls.....

Cost mostly only 40 baht to go most places (scooter) soi 6-7 and it walking distance done it many times ....

The girls from the bars next door well behave and respect your privacy.......

As other BM's have said do yourself a favor booked it ........

Hard to beat a more central place and the rates are fair ..................

Dave is one of the true helpful bloke I know ............

Only so happy to help you and make suggestion if any problems arise......

I,m always be grateful to him for what he has done (private) call him a true friend.....

I like to say again for those who want to book a room for April .......sorry :GoldenSmile1:

See you all in April for fun and games........... :Flying:

Hi Joe!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Regards

Dave

Just booked up with Dave. Only in Patts for 3 days but looking forward to staying here. Booking was easy - direct with Dave on PM. Nice!

TO KNOW AND NOT TO DO......IS NOT TO KNOW.

Hi Dave. Do you have anything available bet feb 10-17?

Do unto others then run like a mother

:P:P

Love those rooms, love the food, love the location.... Oh and did I say I LOVE THAT PLACE ?

But writing good reviews is not going to help me get a room if everyone finds out .

:P

So forget everyting I said about that place, it's no good, go away and I'll take that room so Dave dosen't lose any $$

DSC05971_2.jpg

Like Taters said I'm a little hesitant to say anything good about the place cuz I may never be able to book a room there again.

But cuz I like Dave... I'll tell you that I Desire to not stay anywhere else when I am in Patts. The rooms are perfect and the staff is excellent.

The food is great and an excellent value. Best of all, it is close to all the action.

Centrally located in town and very close to lots of very good entertainment venues. :P

I will be there for Songkran and am looking forward to my stay, Thanks Dave...PS.. I hope you always have a room for me :Dream1: ....lol

:P:P

Like Taters said I'm a little hesitant to say anything good about the place cuz I may never be able to book a room there again.

But cuz I like Dave... I'll tell you that I desire to not stay anywhere else when I am in Patts. The rooms are perfect and the staff is excellent.

The food is great and an excellent value. Best of all, it is close to all the action.

Centrally located in town and very close to lots of very good entertainment venues. :P

I will be there for Songkran and am looking forward to my stay, Thanks Dave...PS.. I hope you always have a room for me :Dream1: ....lol

I am also there for Songkran :)

Managed to score 2 rooms for a few weeks in October, have not met Dave yet but I must say he has been super helpful in arranging dates and getting back to me asap.

Even sorted out rooms when the arrival date changed, no problem at all.

Seems like a great guy and people here have only good things to say about him and the rooms he provides. Looking forward to a great stay in October.

Only new here but love the forum and how everyone contributes, will post my experiences and some photos when I can. Sadly October is a long way off.

I am also there for Songkran :)

That makes three of us... Check in April 2 till 25.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

I think this topic is good and cheap advertising. And what about a tax?

Word of mouth is known to be the best advertising coz it's free and comes from satisfied customers.

There is no tax as you don't have to tax your brain to realise how good Chow Soy is.

Just read the reviews.

They are very different to owners pumpimg up their vastly inferior accom on personal websites because they come from those who have experienced and love staying at the Soy.

Find better and I'll buy you a beer.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

• 2 months later...

I think this topic is good and cheap advertising. And what about a tax?

tax is one thing i defo avoid [that is why me and my mrs can spend time in thailand ,lol,]i have stayed at daves ,and i have taken locals back to his place ,they cant beleive how good the rooms are compared to most places .

to me that sayes it all .

just thought i would add

Just back from a 2 week stay at Chow soi. room 5 as pictured on first page of this topic.

unbelievable value for money.

great place to stay

great food from what i saw (dont usually eat when im hot so only had breakfast on the occasional afternoons)

as mentioned everything is close by and LK Metro is a great place to start drinking and for me on i think every occasion a great place to end the drinking.

all the girls commented on how nice it was aswell

wouldnt hesitate in a second to booking again if the rooms were available, either way and as an added bonus who ever is staying in the same room as i was has a supply of western condoms as i forgot to pick mine up :P may aswell go to some use

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my first trip to Patts one week ago, stayed at the Chow Soy Guesthouse in room 2 for 2 weeks. From the initial booking to the stay and experience, quality, size, amenities ( wifi, tv, fridge, DVD player, furnishings, bed, wall safe ), food aviailable and location not to mention the price I was so satisfied that I have already sent Dave my next deposit!

All the girls I took back to the room found it good never anything negative other than the AC being too cold.....

There is a good laundry about 30m from the guesthouse that has really good prices and fast service.....most things are in walking distance, motorbike taxis are on the corner next to oasis, the baht bus passes on Soi Bakcow.....

For me no reason to stay anywhere else.

Thanks again to Dave and his Staff!

Looking forward to my next stay.

Archived