IGNORED

Hotel under 1500 on sukhumvit?

Mayor McCheese

Anyone know of a good relatively cheap (1500 or under a night) place somewhere on sukhumvit that is similar in quality to say the Tropicana in pattaya? Guest friendly isn't a worry since I won't be entertaining... Not looking for a guesthouse, i need an actual hotel.

Majestic Suites and City Lodge Soi 19 are both slightly under 1500, comfortable, guest friendly, and at excellent locations for Nana and Soi Cowboy, respectively.

Retired

Do a search on Agoda. There are plenty to choose from:

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/maps/sukhumvit.html

yes I know there are plenty to chose from. However, I was more going for a recommendation from people on this who have actually stayed somewhere and would recommend it, rather than just pulling a name off a website....

Can't go wrong with majestic suites, on sukhumvit at soi4 (nana plaza) , it's a clean, girl friendly hotel , also handy for getting on/off express way for airport, maybe the only downside is the rooms are slightly small and taxis cant really stop directly outside it, so get drop off at petrol station or landmark hotel either side of it

Edited by happyblueyes

yes I know there are plenty to chose from. However, I was more going for a recommendation from people on this who have actually stayed somewhere and would recommend it, rather than just pulling a name off a website....

MM: Narrow it down a bit. When are you going & how close to you have to be to SC & Nana ? Do you wanna be right in the shit or a ways away ? Will you walk 1/2 a mile to Suk ? Do you want a pool ? A gym ? At that price you can get a big old room or a new small room. Breakfast ? Wifi ? Best deal I've seen lately is Furama Asoke for $48 on Travelocity. The other options I gave you on your other post, I've stayed in and recommend. wj

I stayed at Darjelling Boutique hotel in July. Its located on Soi 18 right across the street from Soi Cowboy. I paid around 1200 baht a night. Good value for its money. I booked through thaihoteldiscounts. I was actually going to post a review on this hotel soon.

See what is on sale at latestays.com.

You will have plenty of options at this price range unless you are really picky about location and want to be at Suk 21-4 and not deep into a soi.

You can even look at reviews on sites like Agoda and also tripadvisor. These are also written by people who've actually "stayed there".