IGNORED

Krispy Kreme doughnuts hit Thailand

QuotaMan

I used to love KK's but that was years ago, now I just find them much too sugary and sweet for my tastes.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1810759&GT1=33002

Consumers in Thailand craving the signature taste of a hot, fresh Krispy Kreme (KKD) glazed doughnut will no longer have to suffer. The sweets shop announced today that it will open its first store in Thailand, in the center of Bangkok's business district. Company officials expect to open approximately 20 stores in Thailand over the next five years.

The Thailand opening is part of a larger expansion, as just last month the company announced the construction of stores in the Dominican Republic. Krispy Kreme now offers its products in 22 countries and is showing signs of growth after a very steep and very public flop a few years ago.

Perhaps KKD is learning from its mistakes. Adding 20 stores in Thailand over the next five years is very different from the hurried development that occurred last decade. If the doughnut maker continues to update its menu and expand conservatively, stockholders may be rewarded in the long run.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

With all the Filipino's you they should start up a GoldiLocks instead... If you ever fly through Manila all you see are people leaving with boxes and boxes of Goldilocks...

Trying to Stay Out Of Trouble, But It Isn't Working

• 3 weeks later...

dude, Krispy Kreme is purified crack. they're hot glazed donuts are amazingly good... they 'HOT' sign outside always makes me want to go in for at least half a dozen. expect to see many more fat Thais in the near future.

Sexy Pattaya Girls @ ShakeGirl.com - Follow Shake Girl on Facebook & Twitter

Krispy cream donuts are great. They are one of the reasons I am a fat handsome man. I hope they do not open one in Pattaya next to a KFC.

Edited by altec123

Ahhh. So this is where all the KK are going. Here in the states (at least in Dallas), they opened waaaaaay to many stores for their own good. I think they ended up closing about 80% of them here in the metroplex

Looks like crime in LOS will be on the increase, if the US is anything to go by:

Cops & Donuts 1.jpg

Cops & Donuts 3.jpg

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

how about Perth :( , look like i will have to travel to thailand to get my donuts now oh no the pain :GoldenSmile1:

Definitely going to see Thai girls fattening up, hopefully a lot of it goes to their tits and asses.

I wonder if they will have the open window to the donut making machines so the public can watch?

Flame away boys, but I have yet to eat a Krispy Kreme doughnut, that didn't eat like it was 3 or 4 days old, maybe as someone said "hot" and fresh, they could be sensational, but I have yet to have one of those.

I saw on TV in Oz last week while I was home, that KK in the states have come up with, I think it was called, the "Coronary Burger" a glazed doughnut used as a burger bun, now that sounds gross.

:Puke2:

Oh well as they say in Oz, "Only In America"

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

They are ubiquitous here. Five to eight seconds in the microwave and they are perfect

They've just opened one in my town...£1.20 per doughnut ! They seem to be doing a roaring trade with all the spotty teenagers, so the owner's wallet will soon be as fat as his customers.

I hope they make them onsite. They taste so good and different when fresh out of the oven...

IMG_1193_640x480.jpg

IMG_1194_640x480.jpg

IMG_1197_640x480.jpg

Someone burn down the Krispy Kreme immediately. This is a Krispy Kreme beauty contest of typical eaters of their donuts.

Krispy Kreme Women.jpg

If the stats in australia are anything to go bye krispy kreme should suffer in 2-3 years time.

honestly nothing special.

Flame away boys, but I have yet to eat a Krispy Kreme doughnut, that didn't eat like it was 3 or 4 days old, maybe as someone said "hot" and fresh, they could be sensational, but I have yet to have one of those.

A KK is very different after the glaze cools. Although it comes close, even the nuker doesn't get it back to the original flavor, especially the texture.

It must be those (al)chemists in New Jersey who came up with the secret formula.

I saw on TV in Oz last week while I was home, that KK in the states have come up with, I think it was called, the "Coronary Burger" a glazed doughnut used as a burger bun, now that sounds gross.

:Puke2:

KK didn't come up with that idea. Those items are best left to the experts of culinary carnage, the State Fair vendor. They also came up with the following epicurean delights . . .

• Fried Twinkies
  • Fried Coke (that's right -- Coca-cola dough in a bowl or on a stick)
  • Fried Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Chicken Fried Bacon
  • and now the coronary burger.

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/unusual-state-fair-food

Oh well as they say in Oz, "Only In America"

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

OTOH, you could just order a sack of sliders, typically 10 to a bag, and some fried onion bits with extra cheddar and an extra large shake. (Would you like some extra salty fries to go with that shake, ma'am?)

By comparison, it makes a Big Mac seemingly a healthy alternative. As they say, better living through chemistry.

Edited by arbiez

What KFC couldn't do KK will.

Soon all the spinners will be orbiters.

They've just opened one in my town...£1.20 per doughnut ! They seem to be doing a roaring trade with all the spotty teenagers, so the owner's wallet will soon be as fat as his customers.

I was in Paragon in BKK the day they opened, it was a madhouse, queue 200-300 people long. Went back a couple weeks later and still long queues. I'm from USA, tasted KK, as well as Dunkin, Mr. Donut, etc. Yeah, they're good, but they are still just f**king donuts, and they are expensive for what you get too. Just don't understand the hype.

Oh well, just another fast food craze that will get the Thais as fat as the farangs. Have you checked out the boys/girls coming out of the junior/high schools lately--many are grossly overweight.

Incidentally, to answer the question of another poster, they do NOT make them onsite, I have watched the hand-trucks of boxes of KK's being wheeled across the floor in Paragon.

Edited by khagai