IGNORED

Communicating on the Internet

Scumbag

I have lost count of the number of times that I have seen people on forums get into a disagreement and as an observer see that mostly it is about a communication problem. Communicating on the internet is great but it does lead to communication problems:

"We jump to conclusions in online communication all the time, which explains why there is so much miscommunication in the virtual world. Having taught online classes in colleges and universities for the past ten years, I have come to appreciate the unique challenges that arise in learning to communicate effectively in the virtual world. Problems with miscommunication occur so frequently in the face-to-face (f2f) world, it’s no wonder that communication difficulties are even more pronounced in a medium that relies solely on the written word, without facial expressions, body language, or vocal tone and inflection.

Most of us have found ourselves in the cross fire of miscommunication somewhere along the line. We have offended someone without meaning to by not being clear in using humor or sarcasm in an email or perhaps a discussion in an online forum. Almost all of us have been in the position of both offending another person without meaning to or we have been insulted by someone else who did not intend to wound with words."

Source: Avoiding Online Miscommunication

I would suggest having a read of the linked page.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

that is good advise. I think we all sometimes say the wrong things in e-mails, online posts etc out of being angry, tired, drunk or just not thinking first.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Emoticons aren't used enough! Thats why they are there!

Sorry, but with my laptop screen I can only see a quarter of each emoticons when I want to post a reply. So I don't know what emoticon is what besides :001_Thank_You5:

I agree that emoticons are a good tool for eliminating any doubt (i.e. whether of not a comment was intended to be a joke).

The biggest forum communication issues I see are firstly where someone uses no punctuation whatsoever. It makes the thread very hard to read as you do not know where a sentence starts of ends.

The second issues are where guys hit the return key after each sentence thus creating a list of sentences down the page. Again making for hard reading and a shame as they may well have a good point to get across.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 3 months later...

Correct punctuation is important as well.

coma.png

hot tub.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 1 month later...

Emoticons aren't used enough! Thats why they are there!

Haha, I love the irony of this post LaaMok. :10:

...oops, wrong emoticon, this is harder than it looks.

I'm all shook up, uh uh uh, uh uh uh, oh yeah...

• 1 month later...

Many people which are communicating on internet have lack of awareness form it . They don't know about the thing or page on which they work also the correct punctuation is important as well as the others.

Haha, I love the irony of this post LaaMok. :10:

...oops, wrong emoticon, this is harder than it looks.

Nah, in his case you picked the right one.... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....