IGNORED

camera

ToraTora

What would you recommend for a camera fall between $200-300 mark.

Fair decent quality picture and easy to carry.

Is it cheaper in Thailand?

Cheers

Have a look at this site, it is good for camera reviews.

May not be a good idea buying from Thailand if there are any warranty issues.

Camera Review Link

Right

I didn't think of the warranty issue.

May drop by local JB or dick smith and have a look

I check the price for panasonic Fz35 on local camera store, and it range from AUD$500 to AUD$600.

The price is out of my range.

I am currently looking at Canon IXUS 100 is for half the price.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/digital-cameras/digital-compact/canon-ixus100iss-silver-12-1mp-digital-camera/436200

Anyone have any feedback on canon camera?

Try the Fuji "EXR" range...this series is very good with low light performance compared to other brands. I have the F200EXR, and so far the perfomance has kept me with this camera for over 12months, and Im usually hard to satisfy(3 cameras in the preceeding 12months!), they have a newer model F80EXR(??) which has a higher optical zoom than the F200EXR. Panasonic are great cameras in the ease of use and features, but I found the pix occasionally soft for my liking, and certainly not as good in low light. The biggest negative with the Fuji is battery life...its not so good, so a spare charged battery is a must for a single day out. Canons in the past have had outstanding pic quality, I still cant part with my 3 year old A710, but from some of the latest reports the megapixel game has dimisinished their standing, also recently not all their models were widescreen pix(ie either 16:9 capable or 3:2 capable)

As for where to buy, Ive always found the best prices through Ebay! There are some sellers shipping from Hong Kong, and have local agent for warranty(in Aus I mean). Ive never had a problem with them, fast shipping, good pricing...although Ive never had to have a camera repaired either!

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

Just to add...just checked out the F80EXR on Ebay...250-300(AUD) is the going price incl shipping...check out http://www.dcresource.com/ for reviews(unfortunately not for the F80EXR as they havent reviewed it, but the sensor technology is the same as in the F200EXR which is reviewed)

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

I love my Canon S90, which might drop a bit in price thanks to the follow-up S95 just released (the 2 big differences is that the 95 does 720p movies and is 1.8x faster shooting consecutive shots...I'm good).

It's the camera Alleycat and Stickman do a lot of their shooting with, I understand...

Edited by Woofiee