IGNORED

Deposit on Guest House or Serviced Apt?

twister20

I am considering a Serviced Apartment or Guest House monthly. Most of them want a security deposit of at least one months rent. I am concerned that they may not return the deposit even though you have not caused any damage. My experiences in other parts of Asia are once the money leaves your hand it very seldom if ever comes back. Please advise on your experiences. Thanks.

My rental company asks for 5000baht as a deposit, then when you check out they use the deposit against your utilities and cleaning..most reputable places will return your deposit or whats left.

I am considering a Serviced Apartment or Guest House monthly. Most of them want a security deposit of at least one months rent. I am concerned that they may not return the deposit even though you have not caused any damage. My experiences in other parts of Asia are once the money leaves your hand it very seldom if ever comes back. Please advise on your experiences. Thanks.

There are a lot of rental companies so check their reputation first.

test1.gif

We at Canterbury Tales Cafe only accept a firm booking after a deposit is forwarded by paypal or other means but this is a minimal fee and if for any reason you have to cancel the deposit will be valid for a year as long as some notice is given, this deposit then comes off the bill so is not a security deposit.

I have heard of cases where some places use any excuse to keep the deposit so check them out.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I had one do that to me and of cause my first time here it was sum thai place clean appartments and they asked for 1,000 baht which i never saw again :Oops1:

Any ways i got over that and the next time i'd found a guest house on soi 3 near the big C the guy that runs it is english and is a sound lad they do english food safes in all the rooms and a resonable on the rates they only ask for 500 baht deposit if your paying for the month up front or a 1,000 if you pay bit by bit over the month but i've had no problems in getting my deposit back here are the links if u fancy emailing them.

AROUND THE CORNER BAR AND GUEST HOUSE

SIAM GUEST HOUSE