Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

You another photo resizing tips thread

arbiez

OK, I'll start by saying that I'm not a Windows fan (vs. Mac or Linux) by any means. I've used them all and have no biases for purposes of this posting or board.

That said . . .

For those with windows PCs, there is a built in photo resizer within MicroSoft Office. While Adobe and Fast Stone and Picassa and other all have exceptional photo editing features, MS Office has a program that is simple, easy to use, fully integrated within your Windows file manager and no need to buy new software.

The program is called Microsoft Office Picture Manager and has been included with MSOffice since Office '97 (when it was called Photo Editor). Even if you don't have MSOffice, it's a free download and often included in MSWorks (for entry level cheap windows PCs)

It's really, really simple and only involves a "right-click" and an edit (approx. 7 clicks). I'll start with a slightly oversized photo--(983 x 1130).

The original image of a Soi Dragon (Bangla Rd.-Phuket) bar girl...

Phuket 2007 041.jpgNow I'll demonstrate the steps to reduce this photo.

First select the picture you want. Right click on the file . . .

Slide1-MyDocs.jpg

...to pull up menu and select edit

Slide2-Edit.jpg

...which pulls up the picture and editor options

Slide3-PhotoDesktop.jpg

...all you do is select your preferred size (in this case 800 x 600)

Slide5-DocSmall.jpg

...and save as the resized file under a new name

Slide10-SaveAs.jpg

...so you can keep the original

Slide11-Final.jpg

When you close the editor, DO NOT save the original.

In short, 7 clicks from start to finish.

If you wanted to chose a different size, here are your options:

Slide4-DocLarge.jpg

Finally, since most of us don't think in terms of pixels, some samples to see different sizes of the same image at a glance to keep in mind.

Doc: Large roughly 1024 x 768 setting -- probably best used when posting group photo within a trip report

Phuket 2007 041-Doc-Large.jpg

Doc: Small roughly 800 x 600 setting -- probably the largest setting you'd want to use in a TR.

Phuket 2007 041-Doc-Small.jpg

Web: Large (640 x 480) -- probably best TR setting

Phuket 2007 041-Web-Large.jpg

Web: Small (448 x 336)

Phuket 2007 041-Web-Small.jpg

E-Mail: Large

Phuket 2007 041-Email-Large.jpg

E-Mail: Small

Phuket 2007 041-Email-Small.jpg

I obviously did not include the resolutions on the smaller images as you probably won't use them in your posting(s) unless you're doing a collage.

FWIW, I like to use . . .

Doc: Large when posting specific group shots or . . .

Doc: Small when posting individual photos and when posting screen shots...and I used this setting for this thread.

I know there are definite advantages to the other packages. This is just a quick and simple option for those who don't have much knowledge with software technology and/or have Windows & MS Office.

Hope this helps.

Edited by arbiez