IGNORED

Chaba (not Jabba the) Hut Hotel and Resort

dave269

Greetings,

I have seen a few notes here on the Chaba Hut hotel and Resort on Soi Bukow.

I am thinking of mixing up my usual stay in quite Jomtien Beach to the land of Pattaya.

I have read the reviews. Anyone got any additional pics to post to see the rooms and such...thinking

about going with "The Hut" room...when I can talk them down from 2200 bht per night...

kup,

d29 :001_Thank_You5:

:Greetings9:

Dave,

I will be staying at the hut for 2 months from nov 29th till 1st feb, I read a very good TR on the place but cannot remeber the thread! My friend stayed there recently and advised me not to stay in the Pink Studios (very shabby)so I have booked into the new block. Not sure about the huts can't remeber my mate saying anything about them. If I remeber the thread I will let you know.

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

:Greetings9:

Dave,

I will be staying at the hut for 2 months from nov 29th till 1st feb, I read a very good TR on the place but cannot remeber the thread! My friend stayed there recently and advised me not to stay in the Pink Studios (very shabby)so I have booked into the new block. Not sure about the huts can't remeber my mate saying anything about them. If I remeber the thread I will let you know.

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

Thanks, Hoffmeister

Two months...what a gig! I stayed 55 days this Dec/Jan and had a great condo in Jomtien...felt like a native, but drank like a falang.

thanks again, looks like a tropical oasis on Soi Bukow!...d69

Edited by dave269

Chaba Hut is my first choice, but I'm having a heck of a time getting them to answer email. They have "Pink Studio", "Pink Apartment", "Junior Suite", and "The Hut" advertised on their website. So the Pink Studio is out, which one of the other three is the new block? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the hotel. Reading descriptions, it seems like the Pink Apartment would be the multi-story new building.

Thanks for any help, and who at the Chaba Hut did you deal with?

Chaba Hut is my first choice, but I'm having a heck of a time getting them to answer email. They have "Pink Studio", "Pink Apartment", "Junior Suite", and "The Hut" advertised on their website. So the Pink Studio is out, which one of the other three is the new block? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from the hotel. Reading descriptions, it seems like the Pink Apartment would be the multi-story new building.

4 GUYS 2 WHO R NEWBES WILL TAKE THEM TO POOKS 4 A LAUGH 1ST NIGHT WE BOOKED WITH DA @ CHABA HUT , PINK APARTMENTS FOR 1 MTH FROM 16/1/2011 . WE THINK THESE ARE THE NEW BLOCK 18000 BT EACH APT.

Looking to find accomodation for 3 weeks!

Arriving 17th Dec till 6th Jan any deals to be had at Chaba??

Garzan. Chaba Hut Resort is Great. BUT, there are many, many options on Soi Boakhow.

3 SEPARATE ACCOMODATIONS.

1. APARTMENT......This is a Four story Building On the LEFT as you enter Chaba Hut Car Park.

2. NEW APARTMENTS(NO LIFT)..... 5 Story Building on the LEFT of the Central Pool. The ground floor Units(4) facing and opening on the Pool book quickly.

To access the BUILDING you need a key card....can be a pain if you leave your gf in the room while you go shopping or vversa or, if your BF leaves early...you need to walk her downstairs...

The Balcony rooms are better...and Overlook the Pool.....1000baht/night...can negotiate 900/day for 7days or longer. Non-Pool rooms.....900baht/night.

3. The Hut, Junior Suite and Pink Studio are essentially FREE STANDING INDIVIDUAL ROOMS (like Cabins) some with POOL VIEWS, MOST with Garden views and appear in natural and tranquil settings......seem very pleasant.

I have Only Stayed in 2. with Balcony and Pool Views.

Very Pleasant, peaceful and QUIET, considering the location, which is Excellent.....Baht Bus To IT Com, Walking Street.....Beach road Two.....or Baht Bus to Soi 6 :P , etc on opposite side of road.

And...it's only an easy 5 minute walk to Central Festival....Soi 8, Soi 7...so really great location.

HOWEVER,

The Towels...and you only get two, have a funny smell...they're not SUN DRIED.

They DONT CHANGE the "QUILT"...and they are always stained to start with....when I ask politely Can they Change...sorry ...can't...so I leave it at that.

INTERNET is RAT SHIT......and despite staying there 4 Times Now...THEY REFUSE to Put a RELAY ROUTER OUTSIDE OF the OFFICE/Reception Area.....so if you need to use your Laptop in your room...really a NO GO...even with an Air Card....as Pattaya is 2G, not 3G so it's very slow.

Best thing to do is use Wi Fi.... by the pool...or use the IN Cafe next door on Soi B. 30bht/hr.

I dont use the Pool. Just enjoy the ambience. Happy to pay extra just for this. If you dont use the pool...you are wasting money.

ALSO..despite pre-booking it'd not uncommon to be moved from room to room...a pain in the neck...this has happened 3 times.

and if you are staying on Third or Fourth floor and are a little unfit the stairs can be a Pain in the neck....but, also a bonus up skirting your sexy TG companion:P.

All in all...pros and cons... I'll definately be staying there again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

H888

Looking to find accomodation for 3 weeks!

Arriving 17th Dec till 6th Jan any deals to be had at Chaba??

In a NUTSHELL "Whackydre".....you'll be lucky to get rooms, let alone Rooms of your choice in High Season...it is really so Popular.

Worth Booking ASAP...try and do a deal...at least ask for 10% off..they can only say no.

Good luck with your booking...you'll really enjoy your stay.

Cheers

H888