Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Non-Mongering Phuket Budget

Medic

Hi guys just wanted to see your thoughts on a non-mongering budget for Phuket . excluding hotels and airfare and mongering ( also I drink very little ) do you think 5000thb/day for two people would be ok ? or would it be a tight budget ? Im pretty worried about getting around as I cant just take the baht bus like I did in patts .

thank you very much for anything you can add .

I'm not sure there's that much to get around to. Stay at Patong Beach. That gets you all the beach activities. What else exactly do you plan to do? There are touristy places to go. You can take an all day trip out to the islands where you can kayak in caves, swim, see the sites like James Bond Island, etc. In the evening you can go out to FantaSea, a great show (or dinner and a show if you prefer). You can go out to the elephant preserve and ride elephants through the Jungle. All of these, a minivan will pick you up at your hotel. I don't dive, but I hear there is some great scuba diving in the area.

There are tour booths all over town selling these kind of tours. My hotel receptionist called up a friend and sent me to him and he gave me discounts off the list price, but they still don't cost that much. Unless you want to go to the City of Phuket, you can stay on the beach and walk to everything that isn't a tour.

You will have a long fairly expensive cab ride from the airport, but that's not a daily activity.

Edited by philkrenshaw

It's a fairly open ended question in all honesty. It depends what you want to do in Phuket. For sure, 5,000 baht per day between 2 persons is possible, but with island's attractions being so spread out and the transport system being so bad and expensive, getting around can dent the funds. If you can drive a motorbike, hire one, it will save you loads of cash. Otherwise, do what the above poster said and stay in Patong.

if you are not going to monger and drink only moderately then it should be plenty. also, it would be shame not to get out to explore the island. there is much more to Phuket than Patong. if you are happy to ride a bike then great, but even if you will rent a small car for a couple of days that is not going to put a huge dent in your budget (around 1,200 THB/day).

i always go to Phuket and im a pretty heavy drinker and monger and i do about 10,000 a day, for you with 2 people i would say between 5,000 - 6,000 should be fine

Little of topic, but if your own a budget this might help.

When you fly into HKT, take the Mini Van into Patong Beach. I just did this trip and its 150 baht a person. Taxi will be 500-600 baht. I booked a nice guest house there for 400 baht(not-girl friendly unless you check in with her). But super clean and ran well.

Also, I booked my PiPi Island tour with my guesthouse. Always book before you leave. WHY? If you jump on one of the Mafia tuks tuks they will charge you a minimum 0f 200-300 baht to reach the pier. When you get to the pier, they have NO mercy and they will tell you $600 baht for the Ferry! If you book from your guest house, a mini van will come by pick you up and take you directly to the pier and your ferry ticket is included for 350 baht. I asked another guy what he paid and the "travel agent" charged 500.

SO give yourself plenty of time to shop around for the different tours. Do not buy any of the tourist stuff either, WAY over price. I can attach pics of my room there if you want and fill you in on the island hopping , just IM me.