IGNORED

New Cameras at Jessops

Thaihot

Yesterday I was in a city & hit Jessops the camera shop.

They had the new broucher out & I looked at all the new good stuff & now I am asking for your help & advice.

Canon have 2 little sexy point & shoots or Compact Cameras as in the broucher.

The Power shoot S95 & the Canon Ixus 1000 HS.

Please help me out here & all opinions & advice welcome.

Prices were S95 £399 & Ixus 1000HS £349.

:001_Thank_You5:

The Canon S90 was noted for it's exceptional low light abilities. The S95 is probably more suited to our type of photography. :)

Personally, I'll be looking around for a bargain on the outdated S90 now.

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

I have seen the Canon S95 on ebay from hongkong for £286 + £20 delivery and from the uk for £355 free delivery.

I,m going to buy one this month.

Any more opinions guys ?????

Canon Ixus 1000 HS .

Any new or updates on this new Camera ????

Thai-hot I just bought one of the older canons off E-bay..powershot xs200 only year old ,mint condition,used twice and 100 quid and tenner for p&p its a bargain..it arrives next week..you tube previews look great,and 12x zoom with 3 inch screen..looks the biz,only a point and shoot but has manual controls for you better snappers..some real bargains on e-bay if you get a private seller mate

I have seen the Canon S95 on ebay from hongkong for £286 + £20 delivery and from the uk for £355 free delivery.

I,m going to buy one this month.

Carefl buying from anywhere online in Asia. Some of those places do not give any warranty.

I was going to go for the S90 (269 from Digitalcameras.com with 5 year warranty) but think ill wait a bit and look around more. Will probably go for the S95 but im also looking at the Panasonic LX5. That's down to around £350 now, good price imo. Plus it's a wider lens. Only drawback on that is the bulk.

Canon Ixus 1000 HS .

Any new or updates on this new Camera ????

I saw one guy moaning on Amazon it wasn't much better than the 300 HW aside from the zoom. To be honest mate you can get an S90 for that much if you look around. Unless HD video and zoom are more important to you.

Carefl buying from anywhere online in Asia. Some of those places do not give any warranty.

I was going to go for the S90 (269 from Digitalcameras.com with 5 year warranty) but think ill wait a bit and look around more. Will probably go for the S95 but im also looking at the Panasonic LX5. That's down to around £350 now, good price imo. Plus it's a wider lens. Only drawback on that is the bulk.

I saw one guy moaning on Amazon it wasn't much better than the 300 HW aside from the zoom. To be honest mate you can get an S90 for that much if you look around. Unless HD video and zoom are more important to you.

Thnaks for the info.

The Cannon S90 or S96 will be my next tool for point & shoot.